• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

EAST: The Race to the Bottom

bLACKpANTHER

6 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Miami is headed down the road to mediocrity city. I don't even think they've got a draft pick next year, so they'll do whatever it takes to make the playoffs. There roster is the definition of mediocre, though, and they won't be making any real noise for awhile. 

ATL is doing what they should've done last year, and that is tank. It's all good though, because they're going to be in prime position to get Porter Jr or Williamson these next two years. 

Charlotte will make the playoffs, but it wouldn't be terrible if they tanked. Won't happen, though, so seeds 4-8, and 1st/2nd rd exit will be in the destiny for quite sometime. 

Washington is screwed if they max Otto Porter. Takes them out of the running of Boogie, and with that super max for Wall coming soon. Talk about cap hell for sometime for them. Playoffs for them, though.

I still think Philly is a year away from playoffs, but even if they make it, they're a few years from making real noise. They're going to be ECF contenders here soon, though. 

Milwaukee reminds me of the old Hornets team of the late 90's/early 2000's. 2nd rd ceiling.

Boston is my finals pick next year. They're about to own the east for a bit.

Cleveland will be back to the ECF next year, and I won't be shocked if they're in the finals next year. No team from the east is beating GS though. They go back to trash after Bron bolts next offseason.

Also, I love Bostons current roster.  But, if they trade Bradley, I'm done.  Dude is a defensive stalwart.  It would be so stupid to trade him after signing Hayward.  

6 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Please explain how Miami is heading for Mediocre City? I don't think y'all paid attention to what they did last season despite the injuries. I guess y'all are gonna learn the hard way. 

31-11, but couldn't beat the Knicks when it counted most. "Can't Shoot" Winslow being inserted back in that lineup, and Waiters and the soon to be south beach bound Rudy Gay as your stars? No star free agents coming anytime soon to pair with those d league all stars y'all have, and no first round picks for the foreseeable future? Yea, I guess we'll see...

lol like I said...seeds 5th - 8th and first round exits for the foreseeable future 

58 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Will you please look at Miami's roster, and reevaluate what you stated.  

PG: Dragic
SG: Waiters
SF: Winslow
PF: J.Johnson
C: Whiteside

^^ That isn't a half-bad starting lineup, especially in the East. They had the best record in the NBA during the 2nd half of the season - not just the East. Their record of 30-11 was better than the Warriors, Spurs and Rockets too.

NOW, they still missed the playoffs for a Real reason - its because they went 11-30 during the first half of the season.  So what team do we think they are?? (THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!).. lol.. I think they are somewhere in the middle, but probably closer to the 2nd half team. It took them a bit of time to get over the loss of D.Wade and figure out how to put it together. Their numbers during their run were great and I think they will come back down to reality, like i said before. But to say they are garbage is not taking the competition seriously. We are not world beaters and need to stop acting like Dwight is gonna be the second coming of Jesus. The Heat will be a tough out of we were to draw them in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

PG: Dragic
SG: Waiters
SF: Winslow
PF: J.Johnson
C: Whiteside

^^ That isn't a half-bad starting lineup, especially in the East. They had the best record in the NBA during the 2nd half of the season - not just the East. Their record of 30-11 was better than the Warriors, Spurs and Rockets too.

NOW, they still missed the playoffs for a Real reason - its because they went 11-30 during the first half of the season.  So what team do we think they are?? (THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!).. lol.. I think they are somewhere in the middle, but probably closer to the 2nd half team. It took them a bit of time to get over the loss of D.Wade and figure out how to put it together. Their numbers during their run were great and I think they will come back down to reality, like i said before. But to say they are garbage is not taking the competition seriously. We are not world beaters and need to stop acting like Dwight is gonna be the second coming of Jesus. The Heat will be a tough out of we were to draw them in the playoffs.

I get it.  Dwight just averaging 14 and 13 will propel us above them.  We haven't had that consistency at center since Emeka.  And Emeka suckeddddddddddddddd.

The Heat are one team I'm not worried about.  8th-9th seed on deck for them.   

I'm talking all this sh*t and my team is the pelicans...yikes. Lol

Were not going anywhere anytime soon. I'd move Cousins, and try to get somebody picks. Would even move Anthony Davis if the return was stellar. He's bouncing after 2020 *shrugs*

3 hours ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Miami doesn't have a first round pick the next two years to be precise, good sir.  

And yeah, Pat's screwed.  No real free agents in Miami.  It's going to be great to see the downfall of their organization, it's also nice to see the Lakers suck as well.  

I also think you're underestimating the impact Monk could have.  Dude could average 23 ppg on any night.  He's that dynamic of a scorer.  

Players don't really like Pat. They think he's a scumbag. It'll be tough to draw the top free agents to Miami. Wade got Bron and Bosh down there

1 hour ago, Still Brooklyn said:

Nets have Otto unless Wiz match. Still won't help Brooklyn though. But Jeremy Lin, D'Angelo Russel, Booker, and Porter Jr is a nice start for the future I guess.

When do the Nets start picking in the first round again? Billy King screwed yall badly, but atleast y'all are nearing the end of that horrid trade. 

I think the Nets can compete. They played well when Lin was actually on the floor last year. Wiz will probably match Porters contract, though. Screws them in the future

If I had to put money down I'd bet on the Heat finishing higher than the Hornets. I'd be shocked if either misses the playoffs.

I'd say top tier - Cleveland, Boston, Washington (assuming Porter returns)

mid-tier playoff squads - Milwaukee, Toronto, Miami, Charlotte

on the fringe - Detroit, Philly

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

So despite the injuries and poo start you still can't see what Miami did with bench players and Waiters/Whiteside? Funny. The Heat barely missed the playoffs and losing Waiters towards the end killed us. So your point is irrelevant about the Knicks since we were the only team in the East to give Cleveland and Boston fits.

I think y'all got a nice squad but you didn't give us fits, we swept the season series 4-0.

Just now, Promethean Forerunner said:

The games were close. I think a more stable line up will help us this season (assuming we still healthy). You guys are easily the 2nd best squad in the East. Here's hoping IT is good to go soon.

Y'all played us closer in the Garden than at AA surprisingly. Didn't realize you beat Cleveland 3-1 in the regular season either. Big fan of Whiteside, could see y'all with the 4 seed come playoffs.

39 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

So despite the injuries and poo start you still can't see what Miami did with bench players and Waiters/Whiteside? Funny. The Heat barely missed the playoffs and losing Waiters towards the end killed us. So your point is irrelevant about the Knicks since we were the only team in the East to give Cleveland and Boston fits.

Actually our team got worse AFTER we lost Winslow for a bit. It wasn't until Jones stepped up that we improved. Either way, please keep continue trashing Winslow's shot. He's still a far better player than Frank (lulz).

Well, I hope the rest of the East is feeling the same way about our squad because I love how we sucker punched them. Waiters isn't a super star but he sure as hell was one last year. Pray the trend doesn't continue. :)

Winslow is MKG 2.0.  He is not better than Frank, which progressed immensely last year.  LOL at being far better than Frank.  Winslow still can't shoot for poo.  

15 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

And Frank can't defend worth poo. Not to mention he's slow and clumsy. 

Winslow's ceiling is much higher simply because his shot is still developing and his athleticism is impressive. You can cite all the poo talk you want but deep down you know Winslow is superior. He's already an above average defender in the NBA.

Justise's production in those 18 games doubled but hey go ahead and make more assumptions about a 21 year old who only has one full season under his belt.

Our coaching staff developed Whiteside, Richardson, and T. Johnson. If that's any indication then you should expect Winslow and Adebayo to follow.

And his shooting percentage was pure trash in those 18 games.  His production doubled, but he's still MKG 2.0.  Which isn't a good thing.  To put your faith into something like Winslow is pretty hilarious.  Keep on keeping on, and enjoy that 9th seed in the awful East.  LOL.   

And, Frank is strictly here for shooting.  And LOL again at being above an average defender as a "great" thing to have achieved already.  I just can't.    

Archived