• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Analysis: RB/WR Christian McCaffrey - Reviewing His College Career; How CMC Will Make An Immediate Impact As A Rookie

Saca312

58 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Training camp is pretty much verifying everything I've seen from McCaffrey and more-so. 

He doesn't seem to be slowing down against NFL competition. Can't wait to see how far he goes.

The thing that excites me the most is the fact that he came in a little more buff than expected (I'd love to know what he weighed in at), but still has the quickness and explosiveness that made him so dangerous in college.

14 hours ago, Woodie said:

The thing that excites me the most is the fact that he came in a little more buff than expected (I'd love to know what he weighed in at), but still has the quickness and explosiveness that made him so dangerous in college.

That's gonna be huge for his durability. Can't wait to see him in action soon!

So, Christian McCaffrey completely jukes out Luke Kuechly in the following:

5980157196638_ChristianMcCaffreyTC4a.gif.597ebe8c9b6e96e18ab5cfd77586f477.gif

Considering that's the best linebacker in the game right now, I think CMC should be fine doing similar stuff against a defense. This particular formation just became even more enticing:

XsOs

Get him a one on one against linebackers, and he'll deliver. The particular play above is a standard defense against 11-personnel: 2 Safeties, 2 Linebackers, 3 Corners, 4 Defensive Linemen. 

Pit Olsen against a SS, bunch 3 WRs against the corners, and keep CMC in the backfield against the LBer. Olsen against a SS is already a mismatch in it of itself, but adding McCaffrey as a wrinkle gives this play a whole new meaning of deadly.

With McCaffrey on an island against one linebacker, CMC can simply cut and run right past him for an easy completion and likely first down or more.

mccaffrey17.gif.4355580299607805ed4b2f6c0285355a.gif

I'm so excited for the kid.

On 8/1/2017 at 1:55 AM, Saca312 said:

So, Christian McCaffrey completely jukes out Luke Kuechly in the following:

5980157196638_ChristianMcCaffreyTC4a.gif.597ebe8c9b6e96e18ab5cfd77586f477.gif

Considering that's the best linebacker in the game right now, I think CMC should be fine doing similar stuff against a defense. This particular formation just became even more enticing:

XsOs

Get him a one on one against linebackers, and he'll deliver. The particular play above is a standard defense against 11-personnel: 2 Safeties, 2 Linebackers, 3 Corners, 4 Defensive Linemen. 

Pit Olsen against a SS, bunch 3 WRs against the corners, and keep CMC in the backfield against the LBer. Olsen against a SS is already a mismatch in it of itself, but adding McCaffrey as a wrinkle gives this play a whole new meaning of deadly.

With McCaffrey on an island against one linebacker, CMC can simply cut and run right past him for an easy completion and likely first down or more.

mccaffrey17.gif.4355580299607805ed4b2f6c0285355a.gif

I'm so excited for the kid.

I love that formation. Olsen on the outside. On the bunch trips I would have Curtis on the inside for the jet sweeps, screens etc. KB be up top for slants and Fun fun on the outside.

I hope that drawn formation will be used at some point.

McCaffrey cutting inside and finding holes to gain 3-4 yards is nothing new. 598298aa45a69_ChristianMcCaffreyTC7.gif.de36c2ca139844959baaae4666633dee.gif

As seen from his college tape, watch McCaffrey pace himself, find that hole he loves, cut, and slam right through it, turning nothing into something.

mccaffrey51.gif.4140be639f703d40fa8129134a1f4f3c.gif

mccaffrey43.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2017 at 6:32 AM, jarhead said:

I may be all wrong but believe on passing downs why would you want one of our better receivers blocking except to be a decoy? With him and Olsen on the field together there is going to be a mismatch especially with a speedster going deep.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

That's also an interesting argument. I think Stewart will be our primary blocker on passing downs, but that doesn't mean we won't see McCaffrey on the field making clutch plays himself.

Archived