• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scouting the Panthers offense

Jeremy Igo

Interesting screen grab I saw on Twitter from the Amazon series about the LA Rams season. This is how the Rams viewed the Carolina Panthers offensive personnel last year 

I cleaned it up a bit to make it a little easier to read. 

ZEfhi9U.png

Looks like the color under each player mean something. 

Cam is the only one that is deep purple. Maybe elite player?

Red appears to be solid players. Olsen, Kalil, Turner, Benjamin, Stewart

Brown looks like average or role players - Norwell, Funchess, Tolbert

Purple looks like below average or backups to me. Remmers, Williams, Ginn, Dickson, Fozzy

Yellow looks like the bottom of the barrel or possibly the inactive players? Bersin, Artis-Payne, Hawkins, Simoson

Pretty interesting to see how other teams see the Panthers offense. If anyone can make out any of the text below the players chime in. Also chime in with your own thoughts. 

9 minutes ago, Icege said:

They've got Manhertz highlighted in black 

Probably a total unknown.

Re: the classification, assuming this is correct it's interesting that they'd have Ginn rated at the same tier as Philly, Dickson, and Fozzy. Ginn definitely outperformed all three of those guys during his time in Carolina and was way more dangerous on any given play.

12 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Re: the classification, assuming this is correct it's interesting that they'd have Ginn rated at the same tier as Philly, Dickson, and Fozzy. Ginn definitely outperformed all three of those guys during his time in Carolina and was way more dangerous on any given play.

A player can outplay those three and still be terrible. 

3 hours ago, KSpan said:

No one in the NFL is game planning for Ted Ginn. They know he is fast and more than likely will drop one or 2 wide open tds before the games out. 

Very similar to what is thought of Shula around the league. He's a hack and everyone knows it. The exact reason no HC interviews for him. Everyone in the NFL knows he sucks except RR. On that note I Hope he proves me wrong this year  

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Brown looks like average or role players - Norwell, Funchess, Tolbert

No way in frickin hell that's true. I know it's the Rams and their coaching staff, but even they can't feel that Norwell is anything but a beast. Can they?

Dumbasses.

Archived