• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just a reminder....

Jeremy Igo

Maybe you weren't watching the games but Cam barely rolled out last year against the blitz and often the would be checkdown was Stew who was left to pass block to give him more time. Cam isn't Brady or Peyton when it comes to analyzing a defense but the fact that Shula calls these terrible deep passing plays with our WRs who ranked last in separation from DBs is inexcusable.
I will say that Cam does try to do too much at times and force passes downfield into small windows and that is his fault. Ultimately injuries exacerbated what was already a fatal flaw exposed by the Broncos in the Super Bowl. When Cam has time for his receivers to get downfield he will pick a team apart like in the 2015 regular season, but when the OL is injured or teams sell out and blitz knowing that our WRs won't get open in time we are screwed.

Part of the problem was not long developing downfield routes, it was lack of separation by our receiving corps. Hell Funchess rarely saw double coverage, because he couldn't beat his man straight up. The only deep threat we had was Ginn and that was 50/50 gamble. I would say Cam held the ball way to long at times waiting for his only reliable target to get open, which was Olsen.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Say what you will, but last year seemed like a replay of 2004. We were positioned to have a good year with returning players, but the injury bug hit us hard. Then on top of that every team was head hunting Cam and the Officials (a term I use loosely) did nothing to protect our QB.

Granted Shula didn't help matters and there were some bad coaching decisions, but in 2015 these same coaches and players lead to a 15 - 1 season.  

Archived