• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So I am going to try to start following the Hornets more

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Kemba is the heart and soul. A score first PG that has great handles. One of the best clutch shot guys in the league. That Paul George commercial we saw over and over again during the playoffs could have been more accurate if you replace him with Kemba.

Batum is actually our facilitator but can drain the 3 ball pretty well. He is naturally a SF but plays SG because our Front Office seems to think MKG is a starter at SF.

MKG is an ALL-hustle type player, glue guy that every team needs. But you just don't use the #2 overall pick in the draft on that type of player. He plays good D - one of the only handful of players in the league that can handle the LeBrons, Paul Georges and Melos and it not be a one-sided mismatch. The only problem is he has no-shot, like NON. In todays NBA you need shooters. He stands in the corner on offense. However, he is great finisher at the rim and rebounder - like I said - All hustle. But that is better suited coming off the bench. But that's a tough pill to swallow to have your #2 overall pick come off the bench.

Marvin Williams is great human and vet presence in the locker room that plays good D and can actually shoot the 3 pretty well. He averaged career numbers 2 years ago and we gave him a huge contract that looks bad now that he came back down to earth.

Dwight will be Dwight. Hopefully from his Orlando days, but I'll take the Houston Dwight too.

Monk will be so much fun to see. If he has any ability and star power - I say slide him into starting SG and put Batum at the SF position. Bring MKG off the bench or trade him.

Zeller is athletic for a 7 footer but not the stretch 4 you need today - so he plays down low - cleans up the messes. Basically a bigger MKG.

Frank is the prototypical stretch 4 in todays game. He just needs to become more consistent. If he can take one more step and hit the 3 ball at .375% or better - look out. His post moves are pretty solid.

Lamb is hot or cold. The "heat check" guy off the bench.

------------------------------------------------------------

To wrap it up - Team needs a backup PG that can run the 2nd unit and a upgrade at the SG/SF position. The 1,000 lbs gorilla in the room is MKG - we have to move on or move him to the bench, plain and simple. Coach Clifford is probably the best coach we have ever had as a franchise since before the Bobcat days. There is a lot of bright spots on the roster to look at. A month ago it was dreadful - but the Howard trade improved a MASSIVE problem - ie. Plumlee.

Welcome to the Hornets!! Where 'mediocre' is acceptable and hope is always in the air.

I love MKG to death as a person but if any team offered us something decent in return for him I would jump on it in a second. 

I would not be surprised if a contender traded us for him at this year's trade deadline. 

5 hours ago, Peppers90 NC said:

I would have been equally excited to have drafted Monk, even IF we had the #1 pick so to get him at 11 is about as big of a miracle as being able to trade Bumlee and his contract. I havent been this excited since drafting LJ.

Totally agree, Monk is the pick we've needed.  We really needed wing athletism and scoring and a rim protector.  Cho has done a great job this offseason.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:34 PM, Shocker said:

Totally agree, Monk is the pick we've needed.  We really needed wing athletism and scoring and a rim protector.  Cho has done a great job this offseason.

Yep.  Far and away his best off season.  Don't even feel bad saying it already even though the season doesn't start until October.  Pretty sure his seat was getting warm....this off season so far might have cooled it down a little bit, at least for the time being.

I'll add that Steve Clifford is a much better coach than many on this forum would have you believe. He has his players respect, they play hard for him each night for the most part, and supposedly it is one of the tightest locker rooms in the league which says a lot about the man running the show.  

Watch Summer League. It starts tomorrow. The Hornets squad will play 4 or 5 games over the next week or so. In the past I think I've had to pay like $10 to be able to watch it. Gets you a glimpse of not only the Hornets younger players (draft picks, D league players, undrafted rookies), but also all the younger players around the league.

Yea, Monk won't be playing but players like Treveon Graham, Briante Weber (possible CHEAP back up PG), and Johnny O'Bryant (Power Forward who FLASHED in very limited time last season) have a real shot at making the roster. Rasheed Sulaimon, who got kicked off of Duke's team, and finished his college career in Maryland is a Greensboro Swarm player looking to get the call up to play for the Hornets.

its good, low key, no pressure stuff.

Archived