• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick is in - #11 Malik Monk

bLACKpANTHER

This is shaping up to be the best year of professional sports in NC ever.

Monk is gonna be a beast, and he is exactly what we need.  I did not realize until the last couple days that he was only 6'3," but it doesn't matter...  dude has the potential to be INCREDIBLE...  Like among the greatest players in franchise history.  I'm calling it now...  rookie of the year!

I love it!!!

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

This is shaping up to be the best year of professional sports in NC ever.

Monk is gonna be a beast, and he is exactly what we need.  I did not realize until the last couple days that he was only 6'3," but it doesn't matter...  dude has the potential to be INCREDIBLE...  Like among the greatest players in franchise history.  I'm calling it now...  rookie of the year!

I love it!!!

How tall is Kemba, or Isaiah Thomas? If you can ball, you can ball 

4 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Best pick for Hornets since Kemba Walker

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Agreed, but with higher potential imo. He has a better shot and better athleticism than Kemba when he entered the league. 

Kemba had what you can't teach. Pure hustle and heart. But Monk has a better skill set imo

Scouting report:

A player who arguably all season long was the best offensive threat in college basketball sits around the later top ten in almost all draft boards. Monk is easily compared to Jamal Crawford because of his aggressive shooting combined with the ability to score from anywhere.

Monk shot a near 40 percent from three while shooting 82 percent from the free throw line in his first year at Kentucky. Monk averaged an SEC second best 19.8 points per game.

Monk has a shooting skillset that is needed in the NBA but is hard to find. He has that unconscious shooting stroke which can be Curry like at times.

What intrigues scouts the most about Monk is that he is not just a shooter, he plays above the rim and he can guard either the one or the two. Although Monk showed off his high-flying display all year long at Kentucky, it was his defense that stood out the most.

His run and gun mentality allows him to jump passing lanes and play in your face defense on almost every possession forcing turnovers and fast break opportunities quite frequently.

Monk is a dangerous transition guard who can score in a flurry. With the way that the NBA is going regarding athletic three point shooting guards, Monk would fit well with virtually every team in the NBA and could be used in multiple different lineups.

Even though he is a shooter, Monk has the capability of running an offense and getting his teammates open. 

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Scouting report:

A player who arguably all season long was the best offensive threat in college basketball sits around the later top ten in almost all draft boards. Monk is easily compared to Jamal Crawford because of his aggressive shooting combined with the ability to score from anywhere.

Monk shot a near 40 percent from three while shooting 82 percent from the free throw line in his first year at Kentucky. Monk averaged an SEC second best 19.8 points per game.

Monk has a shooting skillset that is needed in the NBA but is hard to find. He has that unconscious shooting stroke which can be Curry like at times.

What intrigues scouts the most about Monk is that he is not just a shooter, he plays above the rim and he can guard either the one or the two. Although Monk showed off his high-flying display all year long at Kentucky, it was his defense that stood out the most.

His run and gun mentality allows him to jump passing lanes and play in your face defense on almost every possession forcing turnovers and fast break opportunities quite frequently.

Monk is a dangerous transition guard who can score in a flurry. With the way that the NBA is going regarding athletic three point shooting guards, Monk would fit well with virtually every team in the NBA and could be used in multiple different lineups.

Even though he is a shooter, Monk has the capability of running an offense and getting his teammates open. 

giphy.gif

Archived