• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen doesn't rule out "holding out" of training camp

Jeremy Igo

7 hours ago, RetiredCollegeCoach said:

I hope you're right...I've never really liked Olsen's "thug" mentality (covered up by the whole veneer these days) but he's one of the smartest runners I've ever watched. I've used his tape as a teaching sample on a few points of technique. (Also just love to watch him play.)

You need to step your trolling game up. Do better.

26 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

https://theringer.com/nfl-underpaid-veteran-players-all-32-teams-4acbc748a381

those highlights combined with the fact that the majority of them are him lining up in the slot and comparing that to the fact that we will have an actual slot WR slot WRing this year and him back to mismatch TE territory.....i peed.

Carolina Panthers: TE Greg Olsen

Contract: A three-year, $22.5 million contract signed in March 2015
Average annual value: $7.5 million (7th among TEs)
2017 salary and bonuses: $6.75 million (6th among TEs)
Total guaranteed at signing: $12 million (10th among TEs)

Olsen recently told Adam Schefter that “business should reflect productivity,” and if that were true, the Panthers veteran would probably be at or very near the top of the pay scale among the league’s tight ends. Over the past three seasons, no player at his position has seen more targets (376), caught more passes (241), or gained more yards (3,185) than Olsen, and his 16 touchdowns over that span ranks eighth. He’s graded out as a top-three tight end in each of the past three seasons, per Pro Football Focus, and hasn’t missed a game since 2007. Lining up all over the formation last season — Olsen ran a pass route from a league-high 18 different positions on the field and was targeted at 16 of them — Cam Newton’s favorite target dropped just two passes on 122 targets.

Olsen is well known for his spectacular catches in the end zone and speed down the field, and there aren’t many tight ends that can so consistently get a defender turned around in coverage with savvy route running and quick footwork.

Archived