• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen doesn't rule out "holding out" of training camp

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, theDIRTYcode2 said:

Pay your own when they earn it, stops a lot of distractions and good for team moral. Olsen is at worse the 3rd best TE in the league,  I'd say 1.1 billion is fair.

How many years does he have left on his current contract?

I agree.. And I lol'ed at the 1.1 billion

8 hours ago, Saca312 said:

I doubt he does it. If he does, that's a whole other problem for another day.

But to the topic of Olsen's extension. He deserves it, but I don't think it'd be wise to do it this year. We have Lotulelei, Turner, and Norwell coming up, and they need contracts. We'll have a good amount of cap next year, so everything we do needs to be for the better of the team.

If you restructure his contract you convert salary to signing bonus and add 3 years so the net effect is that you can keep his cap the same until 2019 at which time his salary and cap sharply escalates. But unless it is guaranteed you don't have to take a hit until then and the cap is likely much higher to compensate. The issue is if you let him hold out, then who else is next if they outwork their contract.

8 hours ago, Jackofalltrades said:

It's a business and he knows his worth. As someone who has been one of the best in the NFL for several years I can't blame him. We don't know what's gone on behind closed doors already, either. Honestly, his missing TC may be a good thing if it comes to that. He doesn't need the reps, Cam is forced to look at other options and we keep Greg a little more rested. 

LOL 

i have never in my life seen this sentiment about greedy showboating black players that should just shut up and be grateful but now the board's conservatives are all over the pay-the-man train. 

hmmmmmmmmnn

I consider Greg Olsen a man of great integrity. That being said 3 years ago he happily signed a contract thru 2018.

3/5/2015: Signed a four-year, $27.75 million contract. The deal included a $12 million signing bonus. Olsen is eligible for annual $250,000 workout bonuses in years two through four. 2017-2018: $6.5 million, 2019: Free Agent

I expect him to honor this contract. If he wants to sign a deal that gives us more cap space this year, extends him 2 more years at a reasonable rate then I'm good. But Gettleman hasn't shown a tendency to long term aging NFL players, Young Franchise types sure and wisely so.

If Olsen holds out I'd be extremely surprised and disappointed he would jeopardize this coming season and hope Getts could find a solid replacement asap wia all the avenues available to him.

LOL 
i have never in my life seen this sentiment about greedy showboating black players that should just shut up and be grateful but now the board's conservatives are all over the pay-the-man train. 
hmmmmmmmmnn

I've read JOAT's comment's a couple of times and they appear fair regardless if you agree or not. Seems you want to bait him to a Tinderbox type thread and not sure why?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived