• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen doesn't rule out "holding out" of training camp

Jeremy Igo

He deserves a raise, but I would not lock myself into some long term deal that will cripple the franchise if I were Gettleman. Olsen has been great, but he is right at that age where we could start to see a decline.

6 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Sure they can. Depends on if what he wants is reasonable given his age.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Like josh Norman, greg has way outplayed his contract, and how important he's been to the passing game, you could argue he's been the most underpaid player on the team the last 3 years

I'm not on board with this renegotiating contracts while still having multiple years left on it. He wouldn't return some of his salary next year if he only finished with ~500 yards and a couple scores, so he doesn't deserve any more money than what he agreed he was worth when he signed the contract.

16 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

I'm not on board with this renegotiating contracts while still having multiple years left on it. He wouldn't return some of his salary next year if he only finished with ~500 yards and a couple scores, so he doesn't deserve any more money than what he agreed he was worth when he signed the contract.

He doesn't have multiple years left.  He essentially has 1.

So you never want to sign players to extensions?

12 minutes ago, blackcat said:

I just can't see Third Leg Greg holding out.  Doesn't fit with his character.

Greg ain't a spring chicken.  A lot of older guys simply look to "hold out" as a means to get out of some physical activity. Carolina has one of the more brutal camps in the NFL. 

plus, he is asked in season to play comical reps and that increases his injury odds.....and the dude has a big family.  Just business.  Will be curious to see what the wild card Dave does. 

Archived