• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen doesn't rule out "holding out" of training camp

Jeremy Igo

I doubt he does it. If he does, that's a whole other problem for another day.

But to the topic of Olsen's extension. He deserves it, but I don't think it'd be wise to do it this year. We have Lotulelei, Turner, and Norwell coming up, and they need contracts. We'll have a good amount of cap next year, so everything we do needs to be for the better of the team.

As long as he starts week 1 I'm not even mad . Which TEs are better than Greg? Maybe Gronk but you could argue Olsen is more valuable because he stays healthy. Tier 1 TEs should all be paid pretty well, I think that includes Olsen , Gronkowski, Witten, Kelse 

With the lack of WR talent on our roster in recent years he's pretty much our TE1 and WR1 

1 minute ago, csx said:

It's direct quotes from Olsen. What's not to buy?

I would have to hear it myself.  I just can't believe the he would hold out for more money.  I don't think Dave would put him in that position in the first place.  Didn't he just get a new contract a year or two ago?  Something just ain't right here.

5 minutes ago, Bogart said:

I would have to hear it myself.  I just can't believe the he would hold out for more money.  I don't think Dave would put him in that position in the first place.  Didn't he just get a new contract a year or two ago?  Something just ain't right here.

Here's the interview with Shefter:

starting at about minute 32. He certainly didn't say no when asked very directly.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=19695545

Archived