• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cows milk isn't bad for you!

Jeremy Igo

A quick look at how you are lied to and manipulated through faux science by the meat and dairy industry. 

WOW! Consuming dairy does not raise the risk of heart attack or stroke! A new study says so! 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/may/08/consuming-dairy-does-not-raise-risk-of-heart-attack-or-stroke-study

From the article...

Consuming cheese, milk and yogurt – even full-fat versions – does not increase the risk of a heart attack or stroke, according to research that challenges the widely held belief that dairy products can damage health.

The findings, from an international team of experts, contradict the view that dairy products can be harmful because of their high saturated fat content. The experts dismiss that fear as “a misconception [and] mistaken belief”.

The results come from a new meta-analysis of 29 previous studies of whether dairy products increase the risk of death from any cause and from either serious heart problems or cardiovascular disease. The study concluded that such foodstuffs did not raise the risk of any of those events and had a “neutral” impact on human health.

The problem - It is pretty easy to make a meta-analysis conclude anything you want. You can include or omit any study you like and selectively pick the ones that somehow can support your preconception if paired with other studies. 

Why would a scientist do that? Well, also from the same article... 

The research was part-funded by the three pro-dairy groups – Global Dairy Platform, Dairy Research Institute and Dairy Australia.

So the dairy industry throws a ton of money at scientists and says "go make us a meta analysis that concludes dairy is not bad for you." They do it, the dairy industry communications departments shoot it out to all the papers and it makes huge headlines. 

This type of headline is exactly what people want to hear, so of course it is popular. Who cares if people are dying from the effects. 

In short, be careful if headlines sound too good to be true in nutrition. Stick to what we have absolutely known for decades. Consume more fruits and veggies, less animal products, less refined sugars, less processed foods. Anything that says anything else has an industry agenda behind it, and it is killing people daily. 

processed foods, quick food (at whatever the fyck restaurant) 

whole food is always the way to go, and cook it yourself, NOTHING out of a box. Learn to cook, They took dodgeball out of schools, home economics and band were next. No wonder nobody can cook and the music sucks...

@TheRed

There is absolutely a link between dairy consumption and certain types of cancer, such as prostate cancer.  Americans are at much higher risk of developing these types of cancers because we consume so much dairy.  Other cultures, such as the Japanese, who eat practically no dairy have a much smaller risk of developing these cancers.  If a Japanese person moves to the states and begins consuming more dairy because of it, their risk for those cancers increases as well.

Google that poo.

In short, Milk doesn't always do a body good.

15 minutes ago, Montsta said:

I drink a ton of milk so maybe I need to go to the doctor and check my butthole for polyps and other cancer screenings. 

Not your butt so much as your prostate. Milk causes all kinds of hormone linked cancers. Breast in women, prostate in men. 

1 hour ago, Jase said:

My wife is a vegetarian who eats a lot of cheese. I've been telling her that this is bad for a long time. She finally believes me now that she has high cholesterol and triglycerides. 

I really don't understand the case for vegetarians. Cheese is so much worse for you than any meat. It also is just as awful for the animals if not worse for them. 

damn, Igo has gone full vegi. Cheese and milk is a processed food, yes? Milk, just like anything in moderation won't kill you, The real factor is finding out what works for you, 

http://www.businessinsider.com/102-year-old-woman-credits-her-long-life-to-drinking-beer-every-day-2016-8

she's dead now, but that's not the point.

j/k i don't know if shes dead or not. still not the point.

everybody's body chemistry is different, and finding that balance is hard to come by, unless we all ate like cavemen.

4 hours ago, Jangler said:

damn, Igo has gone full vegi. Cheese and milk is a processed food, yes? Milk, just like anything in moderation won't kill you, The real factor is finding out what works for you, 

http://www.businessinsider.com/102-year-old-woman-credits-her-long-life-to-drinking-beer-every-day-2016-8

she's dead now, but that's not the point.

j/k i don't know if shes dead or not. still not the point.

everybody's body chemistry is different, and finding that balance is hard to come by, unless we all ate like cavemen.

not really. 

Humans are the only creature on earth that

a) nurse on another animals milk

b) nurse for their entire life

Saying that anyone needs cows milk is just completely and totally incorrect. 

Everyone's body is different, in general dairy poo is just bad for you. I eat eggs and Greek yogurt as only exceptions and I limit them. Milk has good stuff in it no doubt, has a lot of bad too though. Milk does a body good and got milk ads were made by dairy industries not any health institution.

Skim milk is good, Almond milk is even better and there are even better subtites out there. I like NutMilk with pea Protein.

Maybe it's just me but I feel dairy is like smoking now days everyone knows it's not good for you. Moderation is key, but substitutes are better.  

Archived