• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Something on ESPN worth watching.

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

Im diggin this marty guy. 

He covered cam's kickball game, said great things and i also saw a peice on one of the kids cam gave a ball too.  

It was the kid whos dad passed right before they could go to their first game together.  He does a good job.

He's been the NASCAR guy at Espn for years. I'm glad he's moving beyond. Maybe he will take over for the panthers sometime in the future.  

1 hour ago, jbland said:

He's been the NASCAR guy at Espn for years. I'm glad he's moving beyond. Maybe he will take over for the panthers sometime in the future.  

I don't think they will be downgrading him to a Panthers beat writer anytime soon. He is doing regular interview segments like this one every week on ESPN.

6 hours ago, motocross_cat said:

Im diggin this marty guy. 

He covered cam's kickball game, said great things and i also saw a peice on one of the kids cam gave a ball too.  

It was the kid whos dad passed right before they could go to their first game together.  He does a good job.

I sat in front of Marty at a NASCAR race in the media room several years ago. It was my first time covering a sporting event for a publication. I had a few questions about the process and figured he would know the answer, but being an ESPN guy I didn't feel like dealing with his arrogance. He's also a very well respected guy in NASCAR circles. 

I asked him anyway and was glad I did. He was as down to Earth and friendly as you could hope for. He actually gave me his cell number and told me to call him if there was anything else he could help me with. I've always liked his writing and reporting style, so having him be so cool was a really great and memorable experience. He's a very genuine dude who seems to really appreciate his opportunity and his position. I wish him nothing but the best. 

Archived