• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please don't punch Luke Kuechly in the head.

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

But honestly, is he really supposed to think "wait this guy has had a history with concussion let me not throw this punch" How many guys have a undocumented history of concussion? I doubt he maliciously thought about Luke's injury history. 

NOT PERTAINING to this situation but I was raised from the old school perspective: if you lace em up, then you're 100%. I don't want to hear poo about a sore ankle or headache, if its that bad and you can't be touched sit out.  

Head injuries are much much different man. Not gonna sit here and poo on you and call you stupid, but read up on it. Honestly, I will be holding my breath every time Luke makes a tackle this year because it will be in the back of my mind. One more KO and Luke's career is probably done. Times are different and more is known about head injuries than back in the day. He's essentially a ford pinto right now. Everything is running fine, but if he gets hit just right, he will explode and I don't want to see that happen, Yes fights in camp do happen, but I'd rather our Star LB with a history of head injuries not get sucker punched by some scrub no name who won't be on the roster. 

2 hours ago, KillerKat said:

I don't like it either. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the huddle. Also, Kuechly doesn't need babying. Obviously the team knows more about his health than anyone on the huddle. If he wasn't ready, we would be holding him out longer.

42 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

But honestly, is he really supposed to think "wait this guy has had a history with concussion let me not throw this punch" How many guys have a undocumented history of concussion? I doubt he maliciously thought about Luke's injury history. 

NOT PERTAINING to this situation but I was raised from the old school perspective: if you lace em up, then you're 100%. I don't want to hear poo about a sore ankle or headache, if its that bad and you can't be touched sit out.  

Come on now....it's not about Luke "not being ready" or "if he can't be touched then he should sit out".  He's long been removed from the concussion protocol and is ready for football.  Not punches to the head.  Getting punched in the head isn't part of football.

And all of that aside, what are you thinking trying to punch an all-pro and captain in the head if you're trying to make the roster?  Regardless of whether Luke had gotten concussions in the past or not.  Now I understand someone's natural human reactions in physical situations, but as a professional, you have to be smarter than that.

Head injuries are much much different man. Not gonna sit here and poo on you and call you stupid, but read up on it. Honestly, I will be holding my breath every time Luke makes a tackle this year because it will be in the back of my mind. One more KO and Luke's career is probably done. Times are different and more is known about head injuries than back in the day. He's essentially a ford pinto right now. Everything is running fine, but if he gets hit just right, he will explode and I don't want to see that happen, Yes fights in camp do happen, but I'd rather our Star LB with a history of head injuries not get sucker punched by some scrub no name who won't be on the roster. 

Sucker punch?!? When did this turn into Geno Smith?

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

It is strange that it needs to be said, but apparently it does. 
Today at Panthers minicamp, WR Mose Frazier got into a scuffle with Luke Kuechly. Frazier actually threw a punch intended for Luke's head, but ended up grazing his facemask. Yes, he actually meant to connect his hand with Kuechly's head. 
Luke was setting him up for a take down when the team gathered and pulled them away from one another. 

This was in full view of Jerry Richardson. 

Will Frazier last the day? What say you. 

86a7ead00c03630a78ede39093f5bd27.gif

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

6 hours ago, jumpman910 said:

Guess we need to take those no-contact jerseys off those QBs then.

If they ain't tough enough to take a hit, they ain't no dang real MURICAN footsball player!  Sho' dag!

Archived