• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well slap my ass and call me Sally - Minicamp day 2 things

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Just because you say it, that doesn't make it so. Jeremy has repeatedly said that RS has looked better than Philly did and he has watched them both in person. I'll take his opinion over yours, thank you very much.

GoobyPls is a dumbass

I'm thinking our secondary will be significantly improved due to throwing both Bradberry and Worley into the fire last year and letting them take their lumps and get experience. Helps to get rid of Boston as well. And if I had to guess I would say our WR's are probably slightly improved over last year.

I don't care if KB ever becomes this mythical beast that is an NFL #1 WR in the eyes of the Huddle. Maybe we're still spoiled from Smitty and disillusioned from being in the same division as Julio Jones but those types of WRs are few and far between. There's only a handful of them in the NFL at any given time. I just want KB to be more consistent.

I'm not going to read too much into the offense being behind the defense at this point, especially with the former MVP not out there. But that being said, if KB and Funch aren't making plays come the middle and end of training camp I'll be concerned. 

KB still needs to get his body right. I read somewhere yesterday that Funch has looked good...but then again, I read that all last offseason and we see how that turned out. I really think CMC and Samuel are going to need to be a huge part of what we do throwing the ball. CMC hasn't practiced yet w/ the vets and Samuel has missed too much time. They are going to need to step up their game in training camp. 

I want more out of him, but he's definitely shown a lot more than Funchess. Based on Funchess' performance so far, he simply doesn't look like an NFL caliber WR.

While I agree that this is a make or break year for Funchess.....dude, you need to change the record. We get it. You're starting to delve into CPantherking territory here.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

7 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

While I agree that this is a make or break year for Funchess.....dude, you need to change the record. We get it. You're starting to delve into CPantherking territory here.

*checks forum name again*

Yep, still "Carolina Huddle: Carolina Panthers News and Talk". We're talking Panthers. What's the problem?

11 minutes ago, csx said:

completely absurd to say Funchess isn't an NFL caliber receiver....ridiculous.

He's gonna have to prove it. He was last in the league last year among WRs with over 50 targets in catch percentage. Bottom 5 in in catch percentage if you extend that to WRs with over 10 targets.

That's horrific.

He has the potential, but so far that potential has not translated to production.

*checks forum name again*
Yep, still "Carolina Huddle: Carolina Panthers News and Talk". We're talking Panthers. What's the problem?

Not really a problem. You're usually a decent poster, but the Funchess criticism is just getting redundant.
He's a really young player, with two seasons under his belt. He hasn't been targeted a tremendous amount.
If Cam can be excused for mediocrity because of the OL dumpster fire, I think Funchess should be given some slack as well. The jury is still out.

12 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Not really a problem. You're usually a decent poster, but the Funchess criticism is just getting redundant.
He's a really young player, with two seasons under his belt. He hasn't been targeted a tremendous amount.
If Cam can be excused for mediocrity because of the OL dumpster fire, I think Funchess should be given some slack as well. The jury is still out.

KB 2014 catch rate: 50.3%; 53.4% in 2016 (obviously no 2015 data)

Olsen 2015 catch rate: 62.1%; 62.0% in 2016

Ted Ginn 2015: 45.4%; 56.8% in 2016

Funchess 2015: 49.2%; 39.7% in 2016

Philly 2015: 57.4%; 50.9% in 2016

In short, of our 5 top receiving targets... KB was a little better in 2016 compared to his rookie season. Olsen was Mr. Consistent as always. Ginn was much better in 2016. Then, Funchess and Philly fell of a cliff.

Meanwhile, it still seems like a bunch of people on this forum not only think that Funchess is a decent option as our #2 WR, but that he'll end up being our #1. I wouldn't be quite as "redundant" with my concerns if that group wasn't quite so redundant with their praise.

I hope Funchess will wake up and turn into a player worthy of a roster spot, but at this point, simply having him turn out to be as good as Brandon LaFell would be considered a win and LaFell was much maligned on this forum. It's just odd how LaFell was so dogged on yet Funchess has been much worse and yet there's still this hype train for him.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

yet there's still this hype train for him

I think there are a lot of fans still hoping for the "twin towers" dream to materialize.  We WANT Funchess to be good and have two big feared WR threats.  But it's not looking too promising.

Archived