• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Mini Camp Week

Jeremy Igo

Welcome to the Carolina Panthers mini camp week 2017. 

When are they? Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday mornings. 

How are minicamp sessions different than OTA sessions? They are mandatory. Other than that they are identical. 

Will Christian McCaffrey be there? He is supposed to be there for the sessions on Wednesday and Thursday. 

Are they open to the public? No

Why should I care? This is the last bit of actual football content for the next 6 weeks. 

All eyes will be on McCaffrey this week I suspect. What will be most intriguing is how many reps he gets and at the expense of who?

1 hour ago, UpstatePanther said:

Eh. It's tied for worst with the month before the draft. Different reasons. But both are the worst times to be a football fan.

Yes, the month leading to the draft is unbearable.  At least in June/July I can go to the lake or take a trip or well anything that gets me far enough away from a TV so that I don't accidentally watch a baseball game.

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

All eyes will be on McCaffrey this week I suspect. What will be most intriguing is how many reps he gets and at the expense of who?

Certainly.  i'm also interested to see the interaction between McCaffrey & Samuel on the field and how they're used.

Eyes will also watching whether Michael Oher is there, and if he IS there, how he looks, though I'd bet 99% of the Huddlers (me included) are now assuming he's done.  If Oher is ABSENT as we assume will be the case, who is getting snaps at LT.  We need to know more about potential depth there.

Also want to hear what's up with Cam throwing on the side...  and how Peppers is doing.  I'm assuming our coaches have just been overly cautious in keeping him out, but we need him to still have tons of gas in the tank.  I hope this "soreness" is nothing other than just an excuse to give him vet time off.

Finally, also want to keep hearing about our depth guys at corner and safety.  With Bradberry's wrist injury (which fortunately sounds fairly minor) it's really important to know what kind of depth we've got at outside corner.  Teddy Williams sounded like he'd stepped up in last week's OTAs.  We've also got Captain.  Are the two of them enough?  I'd been on the cut Teddy Williams bandwagon, but if he shows he can play outside, I'll be happy to keep him...

10 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

there is Nothing wrong with Pep - I would bet money that part of the deal to bring him back included minimum practice time

I would imagine you're right.  I'm not worried, just wanting an update on how he looks, that's all.

Archived