• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Oher posts sobering picture.

Jeremy Igo

13 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I still think that the delay is because they are still negotiating a medical settlement between him and the team. Big Mike is on the books to receive $5.5 million in salary and bonuses for being on the team, he just isn't going to walk away from an amount like that, especially when he looks at the long-term needs this injury might present.

The team is on the hook for $3 million in dead cap space if they cut him. I'm thinking that to get a retirement out of him, the injury settlement should be in that neighborhood.

But I honestly know nothing about what is going on behind the scenes. Just pure speculation.

Good speculation. I think you're dead on. He's not playing anymore

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Voth...

Gettleman: Our #1 priority is a healthy Michael Oher

I'm not getting positive vibes from this.

Well, the following isn't very encouraging either:

"We really had a great visit. We talked for an hour, had lunch, it was a very comfortable conversation. We talked about a lot of things – nothing about football. It was about him, how he was doing and the issues he was dealing with," Gettleman said. "It started and ended well. And after we met, Michael did follow up for a few days. However, the communication has stopped."

4 hours ago, Jangler said:

For the greater good, just retire. 

Western medicine is killing us. Doctors DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!

God this post makes me way more upset than it should. 

Being a doctor is such an isolating profession. I haven't had a weekend off since I can remember, I'm studying my ass off, have made personal sacrifices across the board in my life, and you think it's because I'm being selfish?

Labeling a whole group of people that tirelessly work to help others as being selfish is ignorant and stupid.  

I thought you were better than that Jangler, maybe I was wrong. 

Besides a retirement settlement amount there's the issue of current and future health insurance and costs. The health care cost has to be astronomical even for someone with millions. And as far as I'm concerned an NFL one-time 'settlement' doesn't cut it.

On 6/9/2017 at 9:28 AM, EightyNine said:

I wonder why he would post this and then take it down..

Depression can have people do and think things they normally would not.

5 hours ago, SOJA said:

God this post makes me way more upset than it should. 

Being a doctor is such an isolating profession. I haven't had a weekend off since I can remember, I'm studying my ass off, have made personal sacrifices across the board in my life, and you think it's because I'm being selfish?

Labeling a whole group of people that tirelessly work to help others as being selfish is ignorant and stupid.  

I thought you were better than that Jangler, maybe I was wrong. 

oh no, I don't like lawyers either.

I truly think Michael is done with football.  Whether he wants to believe it or not it makes no sense for the team to count on his return.  I'm not sure why the team is holding out hope he comes back, healthy or not the man should retire. 

Archived