• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So I'm starting to think Christian McCaffrey reminds me of...

Jeremy Igo

15 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

Good God, what did they use to create those highlights?  A VHS camera recording a VHS?

That and the music is actually a nice refresher from the usual hip hop track and rapid fast cuts.  

You can expect the Stewart/McCaffrey combo to be used the same way the Alstott/Dunn or Tolbert/Williams combo was used under Shula. This was an easy fit with Shula as OC. Easiest 1st round pick to predict in Panthers history.

Both Stewart and McCaffrey will be in the starting lineup. Will they classify Stewart as a FB? That is the question. Alstott was a FB/RB and Tolbert was a FB/RB. I guess the good that comes from this is Olsen will not have to be thrown in the backfield to block since Stewart and McCaffrey can hold their own picking up a blitz. This will also keep Dickson out of the starting line up unless the Panthers open with 1 WR sets and leave Funchess on the bench. That is very possible.

McCaffrey reminds me of LaDainian Tomlinson the most of any former RB.

20 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

What in gods name are you smoking? Explain yourself 

Why is he smoking? Watch both make cuts and tell me you don't see the similarities. Both have excellent vision, make guys miss, run well between the tackles, and have WR hands.

McCaffery was a top 10 pick for a reason man.

6 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

What in gods name are you smoking? Explain yourself 

maybe he's crushing or shooting up, either way he's not explaining.

I hate comparisons. teams are different, players are different. times are different.

If CMC is 3/4 of Dunn, I'd be happy.

9 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

You can expect the Stewart/McCaffrey combo to be used the same way the Alstott/Dunn or Tolbert/Williams combo was used under Shula. This was an easy fit with Shula as OC. Easiest 1st round pick to predict in Panthers history.

Both Stewart and McCaffrey will be in the starting lineup. Will they classify Stewart as a FB? That is the question. Alstott was a FB/RB and Tolbert was a FB/RB. I guess the good that comes from this is Olsen will not have to be thrown in the backfield to block since Stewart and McCaffrey can hold their own picking up a blitz. This will also keep Dickson out of the starting line up unless the Panthers open with 1 WR sets and leave Funchess on the bench. That is very possible.

McCaffrey reminds me of LaDainian Tomlinson the most of any former RB.

I remember you saying that a while ago, and while the size isn't nearly the same, the vision, cutback ability, and hands are all spot on.  I don't think that CmC will ever be as strong on the goal line as LT was....not many were.

That said, closest comparison, in almost every single way, is Marshall Faulk.  At least to me.

I hate comparisons too but I also hate when people laugh when the idea is thrown out there that CMC could be as good as some of the greats. 

Like there is a 0% chance that CMC could have the career success of Faulk, LT, Dunn, C Martin, etc.

I'll say it again: CMC was a top 10 pick for a reason. The doubters will be laughed at down the road.

When I watch highlights of McCaffrey he doesn't look as fast as Dunn or Faulk was at the college level. 

It's just difficult to predict how much success he'll have since his running style is based mostly on elusiveness and he doesn't have a top gear like reggie bush or warrick dunn had at his age . We'll see, after we get to see him in some actual games (maybe in preseason?) I'll have a much better idea of how his speed / elusivness compares to nfl defenders. 

At this point Samuel is the safer pick in predicting for a successful rookie season , if he can catch much better than Ginn he has insane speed and shifty, and likely our starting slot WR. And if Charles Johnson doesn't make the roster, he will be our only speed threat at WR. 

10 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Why is he smoking? Watch both make cuts and tell me you don't see the similarities. Both have excellent vision, make guys miss, run well between the tackles, and have WR hands.

McCaffery was a top 10 pick for a reason man.

Because of the way he could move, I think people forget that he played in the 215-220 range. 

Archived