• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So I'm starting to think Christian McCaffrey reminds me of...

Jeremy Igo

I am starting to think Christian McCaffrey and the situation he is in in Carolina in some respects reminds me of.... 

Tampa Bay's (and Mike Shula coached) Warrick Dunn. 

Huh? What? Why?

First, physically (aside from McCaffrey being a little bigger) they are built much the same. Not much on the upper body, but extra on the legs. Dunn wasn't known for his bench press either. Didn't matter. 

Second, their running style. A couple of quick moves laterally and a burst. Once the hole starts to close it is too late, he is through it. 

Third, the situation Dunn was in when coming to Tampa Bay. Everyone, and I mean everyone, had Dunn pegged as a third down role player. But when training camp started, it wasn't long before the Bucs realized Dunn excelled as a between the tackles runner. Despite his size, he was able to be an every down back. 

I have to think Shula remembers all of this, as he was the OC for Tampa Bay during Dunn's rookie year. 

I think you will see similarities in this video... (turn the volume down)

If we could get Warrick Dunn production out of him, we'd be pretty darned happy. I think we might see just a bit more.

And Dunn seems to be almost forgotten anymore. He was really something else and a great guy for his community.

18 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

If we could get Warrick Dunn production out of him, we'd be pretty darned happy. I think we might see just a bit more.

And Dunn seems to be almost forgotten anymore. He was really something else and a great guy for his community.

Walter Payton man of the year. Great player, even better dude. Similar to TD in that regard.

Archived