• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel "electric" in first day.

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, rhyslloyd said:

While nice to hear, it's a little odd hearing Funchess say he's helping the guy who will likely be taking reps from him.  I like everything about Funchess except for his ability to play football.

FWIW, a quicker offense with more legit threats makes everyone's job easier. I would be surprised if Funch's yards didn't actually go up (albeit on fewer snaps most likely).

2 hours ago, Jangler said:

Some people see the future and tie their line to it. TBH, why would any young WR not want to be Cam Newtons #1, right now, in his prime. The heat is on, already.

I don't see why not Odell is the #1 for Manning and he's the same size as Samuel, Anotonio Brown #1 for teh Steelers and he's an inch shorter than Samuel. SSmith #1 for us for how long? and 2 inch shorter than samuel. I don't think people should dismiss this possibility even if he seems to be starting his time mostly in the slot he's at least going to get some looks on the outside im guessing and if he flashes? who knows I think Kelvin plays alot more like a #2 WR anyway he doesn't have the speed or YAC like a typical #1

13 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

While nice to hear, it's a little odd hearing Funchess say he's helping the guy who will likely be taking reps from him.  I like everything about Funchess except for his ability to play football.

I don't think Funchess sees him as competition. He's a colleague whose success is tied to his own. An effective Samuel could draw attention away from Funchess if he's in the slot while Funchess is out wide.

I think Samuel will take snaps away from KB more than I do Funchess. Regardless of how it may seem, I think KB is in the dog house and will be until he shows he'll give 100% mentally AND physically. Coach Ron has also publicly stated they may have underutilized Devin last year.

Archived