• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roster Projection - OTAs version

Jeremy Igo

19 hours ago, rainwater said:

Yes they did. It was well reported on last year. I appreciate you trying to use stats but clearly the coaching staff didn't feel confident in him the rest of the season.

Because Stewart played the rest of the season, omg y'all make this poo so hard. Tolbert and Fozzy played special teams. CAP did not. When Stewart wasn't active, CAP was the starter. Link something from last year surrounding this well reported lost confidence. 

"Artis-Payne, Carolina's 2015 fifth-round pick, was a healthy scratch for the vast majority of this season despite doing fairly well in his limited action. Coach Ron Rivera indicated that Artis-Payne's similar skill set to starting tailback Jonathan Stewart makes him somewhat redundant when all the Panthers running backs are healthy. As a result, Fozzy Whittaker was preferred as a change-of-pace option behind Stewart, with fullback Mike Tolbert and quarterback Cam Newton also factoring into ball-carrying duties."http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/panthers-cameron-artis-payne-only-three-appearances/

Really this simple 

On 5/31/2017 at 10:17 AM, csx said:

To me offense evolution is not simply changing players. It can evolve with same personal (plus the new guys) by better utilizing what we had.

Exactly, I think we move toward a quick release, short pass offense that slowly moves the chains with the long ball thrown in to keep everyone honest. I've read a couple of interviews where Shula references what the Pats do with passing to RB's, so I think that's the direction we're heading.

Archived