• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roster Projection - OTAs version

Jeremy Igo

35 minutes ago, Nate Dogg said:

What's up with the kicker we drafted? Surely he's good enough to challenge Gano. Gano is going to cost us a playoff game eventually.

Reports are quoting Rivera as saying (paraphrasing) that Buttker is still getting used to the larger NFL ball, says he's hitting up under it causing a lot of rotation. 

The competition isn't really expected til TC, so based on OTA's this mock depth chart makes sense. 

I like the WR and RB projections especially, those are the players I want personally to make it.

Everything else you predict is generally expected too. Maybe except Armah not being there, but then again he's basically a project 6th rounder it wouldn't be that suprising if he or Butker dont make it. 

I think it'd be to our benifit having both CJohnson and Samuel as WRs on the roster. You can't have a rookie be your only speed threat at WR

Would love to see the rookie beat out Gano.

Would love to see our eventual #2 TE be a player who isn't currently on the roster. Dickson is garbage.

Would love to see our eventual #5 CB be a player who isn't currently on the roster. Teddy Williams is the worst, most penalty prone "special teams ace" that I've ever seen and is useless as a CB.

My thoughts:

1.FB--already stated.  Amah is versatile and we obviously like him.  I think he will be a fan favorite--

2. OL--I don't think we carry both Amini and Larsen.   I think we carry 9. Of course, it is hard to call right now because I see an open competition at RT....If Williams wins the job, we need G depth, if not, he is the RG depth. -- I think.  It could also come down to the versatility of the reserve Centers---Gradkowski or Larsen.  I like Larsen, because he is bigger and younger.  I don't think Gradkowski can play G, so Larsen could cost Amini.

3. CB looks a LOT better.  Can we finally cut Teddy?

4. S-Interesting, but it seems thin to me because I don't count Jones.  Longshot pick: Blechen makes the roster and a true "in the box" SS.  Marlowe and Coleman at FS.  Adams at SS.  If we do this, it could cost us a LB or DE on the roster.  I think Boulware to the PS is the move if you like Blechen,

Archived