• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not for the faint of heart...

Jeremy Igo

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This isn't 1964 when players worked other jobs and needed practices to get in shape. 

These days pro athletes are expected to stay in shape year round, as it is their job to be ready to go 100% for every single practice. Needing a few months to ramp up to the conditioning everyone else already is at should not happen for any player. 

I don't know why this is so difficult for some people to understand.

Teams shouldn't need to put weight clauses in contracts. A PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE should automatically understand maintaining proper conditioning is PART OF HIS HIGHLY PAID JOB.

But if/when KB signs an extension with Carolina, it looks to me like weight clauses will be needed in his contract.

I wanted Allen Robinson sooooooooooooooo badly... We had two shots that draft and we took Benjamin and Ealy...

Dude needs to get in shape. Only reason I'm concerned is because of the whole Eddie Lacy thing from the past few years. He battles weight issues and doesn't seem to get it under control. I'm afraid KB will be in the same boat. 

1 minute ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

Dude needs to get his poo together. He has talent, but that won't make him great. Without dedication to his craft, he won't last long here, or anywhere else. 

Perhaps you missed the Mike Tolbert experiment?  Mike Remmers?  Lots of crappy players find a safe harbor in the CLT.

6 minutes ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

Perhaps you missed the Mike Tolbert experiment?  Mike Remmers?  Lots of crappy players find a safe harbor in the CLT.

Tolbert, to be fair, played a position where being rotund can still work, as his Pro Bowl nods prove. He was fat but still pretty damn good until he got old, which happens. But show me a fat #1 WR in the League who is Pro Bowl material. As for Remmers, yeah, you're onto something there, but again, he plays a position where you can be fat. He just wasn't very good anyway. All that said, the Panthers do stick with guys past their prime ALL the time, which hurts them at times. Look at teams like the one in Foxboro...they drop guys at just the right time, which the Panthers should learn to do. 

Archived