• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Never Forget....

Jeremy Igo

43 minutes ago, Snake said:

He would have gotten a ring. They would not have contained him. 

Those head shots to Cam? Yep, Smitty would've been brawling. I'm still deeply disappointed in our team that someone didn't go after those guys. We really needed an on-field enforcer on the offensive side of the ball. You can't tell me that guys like TD would've stood aside as one of their defensive teammates took repeated cheap shots.

I'm glad peppers is back, but I really feel like we are going to be doing something special this year and i want smitty to be a part of it. he needs to at least finish his career here, but i think he's got a toughness and a fire that we need to get back.

no more mr. nice guy. we tried that. this team, for whatever, isn't liked around the league, esp. among fans and the media and there's no amount of good things we can do to change that perception. we need to own it and be the next team that everyone hates, but can't deny the power of. We have the potential to be the next dynasty. I'm not sold that rivera is the one to lead that unless he goes 100% back to being riverboat and never regresses (which i am not counting on). I don't want us to cheat, but I do want us to be that team that will punch you in the face if you dare get in our way and then dance over you when we've gotten to our goal.

btw, the change in celebration rules kind of sets the stage nicely for a smitty return. he can show these young ones how it's done.

Was the reason I originally started watching the NFL and the Panthers and got me as obsessed as I am today. 

Will forever be my favorite player. Wasn't always a role model but he's grown up a lot. He's a great father, family man, and I'd put his heart and will up against anyone's. 

2 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

I love smitty, but he was on IR during that super bowl season so he couldn't have helped much. Maybe he wouldn't have ruptured his Achilles beforehand with us, but who knows

Had smitty stayed with us, it would have changed the whole time line.  No telling what might have happened.  Haven't you ever watched back to the future?  :)

Archived