• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video : A look at Kelvin Benjamin

Jeremy Igo

21 hours ago, a girl is no one said:

Bill Voth is a decent media guy and I mostly appreciate his work. However, he knew exactly what he was doing, and the reactions it would cause, by posting this video (and no other routes from KB or any other receiver). 

Agreed. He always be somewhat of a poo stirrer, and I was surprised he got a job with them in the first place. Pretty sure the Panthers are none to happy with him right now. He keeps pulling stunts like this and he won't be employed long.

2 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Some of you are in complete denial.

Well, here's the reality. You trashed him before we drafted him, you trashed when we drafted him, and have been doing so continously ever since regardless of what he does. But you want to talk to someone else about denial? Act like an adult, and stop holding an irrational grudge against a player on your own team.

I damn sure will call your ass out when you try to jump on the KB bandwagon, and celebrate when he scores a touchdown. If you can't make it through the offseason without behaving like a jackass, you don't deserve to experience success with the rest of us.

4 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Yep, I'm not a KB fan. Nor will I ever be. The guy is a lazy mofo who doesn't take his shot at the NFL seriously enough. You guys can hang on the occasional acrobatic catch but not me. I'm not satisfied with garbage time performances. Sloppy routes, crucial drops, weak attitude, etc. Meh, I'm good. 

No, you are in denial. Sheppard wasn't going half speed at practice. Take it as you will.

Please do. I won't be hopping on any KB bandwagon. Like I said, you guys can marvel at meaningless scores and yards but I'll give a damn when Benjamin actually shows up and makes a positive impact on a 3rd down or redzone conversion when the game is on the line.

Bite me, asswipe. I don't want to celebrate anything with you.

This basically makes it sound as if you are actually rooting for his failure, a failure which would hurt our franchise. You know, your favorite NFL team. But I'm the "asswipe"? Look in the mirror guy.

5 minutes ago, TheRed said:

This basically makes it sound as if you are actually rooting for his failure, a failure which would hurt our franchise. You know, your favorite NFL team. But I'm the "asswipe"? Look in the mirror guy.

There are quite a few folks on that train...the "root for a guys demise just so I can say I'm right" train. @Promethean Forerunner seems to be the leader. 

I will never understand openly rooting against a member of my favorite team either...but hey, I'm also not a giant douche.

Yep, I'm not a KB fan. Nor will I ever be. The guy is a lazy mofo who doesn't take his shot at the NFL seriously enough. You guys can hang on the occasional acrobatic catch but not me. I'm not satisfied with garbage time performances. Sloppy routes, crucial drops, weak attitude, etc. Meh, I'm good. 
No, you are in denial. Sheppard wasn't going half speed at practice. Take it as you will.
Please do. I won't be hopping on any KB bandwagon. Like I said, you guys can marvel at meaningless scores and yards but I'll give a damn when Benjamin actually shows up and makes a positive impact on a 3rd down or redzone conversion when the game is on the line.
Bite me, asswipe. I don't want to celebrate anything with you.

Just go pull for another team u dumbass. If u going to complain all the time.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

No, if he succeeds, then good for him. He finally stepped up and reached his potential but he ain't my type of guy.

Cam, Luke, CJ, Olsen, etc busts their asses everyday, come prepared and show leadership in the locker room.

I'm not rooting for his failure but I sure as hell don't want him to be our #1 WR.

You just said you aren't a KB fan, and you never will be. But you aren't rooting for his failure? Either you are a very confused person, or you are just flat out delusional.

Oh, and just to be crystal clear, since you wanted to mention Cam. You sound indiscernible from the people that have used the same sort of logic/justification as a means of diminishing him and his accomplishments for years since before he even set foot on an NFL field. Think about that for awhile.

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

I don't know how you can be confused. It's pretty straightforward. I'm not a KB fan but that doesn't mean I don't want him to succeed. He's our Roddy White unfortunately. Packed with potential but wasted due to his own hindrances. 

Now that's bewildering considered Cam has reached elite levels and that Benjamin has been playing for 3-4 seasons now in the NFL and appears to be going in the opposite direction. You either get it or you don't. KB hasn't gotten it. Horrible example. Benjamin hasn't accomplished anything. 1,000 yards as a rookie. What else has he proven?

Thus far, Benji is a guy who has coasted on his size and athleticism to succeed at the next level. His technique is still severely lacking. Part of that could be blamed on the coaching but he's not showing that he wants to be THE guy.

Wait. Let's hold up for a second.

First of all, how are you a Panthers fan that actually watches games if you are under the impression that Benjamin has been "playing" for 3 or 4 seasons. He literally has actually played 2 seasons in the NFL so far. You're going to sit there and try to evaluate him, and you don't even have basic information such as that correct? Come on. 

1,000 receiving yards, and double digit touchdowns as a rookie WR = hasn't accomplished anything?

Well...I think some people in the NFL would disagree with you there. Including our own general manager.

And before you do what we both know you're gonna do, which is diminish his statistics based on a biased skewed evaluation, again, that is literally what every Cam Newton naysayer has been doing for the last 6 years.

Honestly, the more I watch this video, the less bad it looks to me. KB is obviously a big plodding WR. He is not and never has been Randy Moss or Steve Smith. His niche in the NFL is to play WR like a power forward and give Cam a chance to complete a 50/50 ball when nobody else is open or when we just really really need a big play. If he can refine his blocking and do that, he will be fine. We have other guys for speed.

BTW, if you count seconds in your head, he runs 15yds, cuts and runs another 5yds down field and about 7 yds across the field and the ball hits him in the hands in about 4 seconds. That means the QB threw the ball about 3 seconds after the snap and completed it 20yds downfield. Is that really so slow?

5 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

he covered 15 yards in about 4.4 seconds. 

samuel has a better 40 time loll 

It was over 20 yds and he was running a route, not a straight line. A guy that big is never going to LOOK  fast but I believe he is moving faster than a lot of people think and I seriously doubt he was going full speed anyway.

20 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

It was over 20 yds and he was running a route, not a straight line. A guy that big is never going to LOOK  fast but I believe he is moving faster than a lot of people think and I seriously doubt he was going full speed anyway.

yes the entire route was 20 yards, but the straight line before he hit the cut for the post was about 15 yards, and I counted 4+ sec. Are you saying he wasn't running his fastest up until the cut? 

Archived