• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elder v Sanchez

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, miko dawg said:
Elder

Height: 5′ 10″

Weight: 183 lbs

Current team: Carolina Panthers (#35 / Cornerback) fifth round (152 overall)

Sanchez
Height: 5′ 11″
Weight: 185 lbs
Current team: Carolina Panthers (#31 / Cornerback)fifth round (141st overall)

Don't get me wrong I hope Elder becomes the next great Panthers corner,  and I'm definitely not sold on Sanchez, but what makes this guy head and shoulders above Sanchez?

Gameplay and tape.

Honestly, Corn rarely, if ever, got burned. Very physical, great tackler. But he's not super fast and his limited size doesn't translate him to outside corner in the pros which is why he slid to the 5th round. His skillset is tailor made for the slot, he's a Captain clone. more quick than fast and can move laterally well. 

Sanchez played outside, was faster, but wasn't as disciplined in his coverage. His projection to slot was more based on potential rather than production. I did not like that pick at all last year. I like Corn as a Corner prospect much better.

4 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Elder is not getting cut lol. Anyway, unless we sign someone else, they'll both make it as we usually carry 5 CBs instead of 4. 

You are incorrectly assuming that Teddy Williams just deletes the blackmail pics he has of our staff.

10 hours ago, miko dawg said:
Elder

Height: 5′ 10″

Weight: 183 lbs

Current team: Carolina Panthers (#35 / Cornerback) fifth round (152 overall)

Sanchez
Height: 5′ 11″
Weight: 185 lbs
Current team: Carolina Panthers (#31 / Cornerback)fifth round (141st overall)

Don't get me wrong I hope Elder becomes the next great Panthers corner,  and I'm definitely not sold on Sanchez, but what makes this guy head and shoulders above Sanchez?

Well the extra inch is there I guess?

Sanchez looked unbelievably bad last year, but let's see if he's made any improvements. Worley looked unbelievably bad early on too but improved over the course of the season to at least get to the point that he wasn't a massive liability toward the end of the season. I'm still not 100% sold on him as a long-term starter, but evidently the front office is. I was honestly expected competition for him to be signed this offseason but I guess he improved enough over the course of the season to make Gettleman feel comfortable that after a full NFL offseason of work that he'd be good to go. I hope he's right because I don't want to see Captain playing outside. Excellent nickel but he'll get absolutely abused by the big receivers he'd see outside on a nearly weekly basis in the NFC South.

Archived