• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for Direct TV people. and U-Verse

TheSaint

I used to have DTV years ago.

I also had the 1st HD Tivo they came out with...

Back then with TIVO, in order to record two programs at the same time, or record one show and watch another at the same time, you had to have 2 cables connected to the Tivo from the Dish. Kind of a PIA to install..especially with multiple Tivos in the house.

Is it still this way?

Im also wondering if my old equipment will still work, so i dont have to buy all new equipment.

Im supposed to get Uverse in our 'hood at the end of the month, and am wondering if that might be a better option, but i really want Sunday ticket...and thats only on DTV.

I used to have DTV years ago.

I also had the 1st HD Tivo they came out with...

Back then with TIVO, in order to record two programs at the same time, or record one show and watch another at the same time, you had to have 2 cables connected to the Tivo from the Dish. Kind of a PIA to install..especially with multiple Tivos in the house.

Is it still this way?

Im also wondering if my old equipment will still work, so i dont have to buy all new equipment.

Im supposed to get Uverse in our 'hood at the end of the month, and am wondering if that might be a better option, but i really want Sunday ticket...and thats only on DTV.

yes...when I moved to my new house I just paid the directv guy like 70 bux to get 2 lines to my hdtv tivo box...wasnt a problem..also u probably dont need ure old boxes due to the fact that directv has a new special for free tivo or hdtv tivo boxes...talk to them a little they should give u a huge discount for signing up again!

yes...when I moved to my new house I just paid the directv guy like 70 bux to get 2 lines to my hdtv tivo box...wasnt a problem..also u probably dont need ure old boxes due to the fact that directv has a new special for free tivo or hdtv tivo boxes...talk to them a little they should give u a huge discount for signing up again!

Installers hate having to run these cables...especially at my house. My crawl space is very tight where they have to get to do it.

i wasnt able to get it a few years ago due to a tree blocking the sight lines...but that tree is gone. The thing that worries me with Uverse is that my phone lines are constantly getting fuged up. They have a lot of static right now even.

yep, two lines from outside into the HD/DVR box...they had to drill one thru my wall and didn't really put it in the best place.

I have DirecTV and like it but the cool thing about Uverse is you can record up to four shows at once (standard def) and watch the shows from any TV in the house. If I had or if I get more faith in AT&T I'll look into it when its available to me.

I'd be wary about the Uverse in older homes...you're in PM/Chantilly area aren't you?

pretty much...i will say the house is 80 years old or so, but it was completely redone. But, the fuging phone lines have been nothing but problems..always something with them.

Hell the freaking cops showed up at my home at 2am, saying someone had called 911....then they came back at 6am with the same thing.

Archived