• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Never forget......

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, UpstatePanther said:

The Spanish call was better. Gonna see if I can find that...

EDIT: found it ;)

Translation:

"And here's Cam with time. going deep, going deep... whoa[?]!!! You're gonna score Greg! You're gonna score!!! You're gonna score!!! Touchdown!!! Touchdown!!! Dance!!! Dance!!! Dance!!! Mayonnaise!!! Mayonnaise!!! Stir it like it was mayonnaise!!! My dear Greg! Touchdown!!! Touchdown!!! Touchdown!!! The Panthers put points on the board and are trying to make the Seahawks fly away!!!"

I was waiting for someone to link that.

Of course, let us also never forget the other Olsen TD against the Seahawks:

4 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

The Spanish call was better. Gonna see if I can find that...

EDIT: found it ;)

Translation:

"And here's Cam with time. going deep, going deep... whoa[?]!!! You're gonna score Greg! You're gonna score!!! You're gonna score!!! Touchdown!!! Touchdown!!! Dance!!! Dance!!! Dance!!! Mayonnaise!!! Mayonnaise!!! Stir it like it was mayonnaise!!! My dear Greg! Touchdown!!! Touchdown!!! Touchdown!!! The Panthers put points on the board and are trying to make the Seahawks fly away!!!"

Dumb question, are they still our Spanish announcers?  

3 hours ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Dumb question, are they still our Spanish announcers?  

As far as I know, yes. On their YouTube channel, they have official calls from last season uploaded. And the Panthers have seemed to make extra effort to invite our Latino brethren into the fold on game day. So I would think they are still very much employed by the franchise lol

9 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

As far as I know, yes. On their YouTube channel, they have official calls from last season uploaded. And the Panthers have seemed to make extra effort to invite our Latino brethren into the fold on game day. So I would think they are still very much employed by the franchise lol

Ah, good.  I thought after their popularity skyrockted after the Super Bowl run, some other team would pay them a ton.  Guess I was wrong.  

40 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Ah, good.  I thought after their popularity skyrockted after the Super Bowl run, some other team would pay them a ton.  Guess I was wrong.  

Well I'm sure some team gave them a raise. But I'm also sure it was the Panthers :)

side note: I wish I could get in as an intern with them. I studied Spanish for my degree and would love to work beside them on game day. Hell, I'd be their coffee guy for nothing just to hear their broadcast first hand while the game is going on. A guy can dream I guess right? Lol

Archived