• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Jones weighs in on Panthers season and record...

Jeremy Igo

I am honestly not sure what to think. Pretty much have little faith in our collection of tackles, so that makes me concerned about Cam. Perhaps with some of these new offensive toys we can do some things to take the pressure of Cam. I think the defense will be good if we stay healthy. Eh....9-7 actually seems reasonable. I would say my range is somewhere in the 7-10 wins. A lot of uncertainty still.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

On 5/12/2017 at 3:43 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

I feel like it does. 

JR is done messing around. The Panthers were active in free agency and had an offensive minded draft. 

It is the playoffs this year or everyone will be sent packing, except Gettleman. 

We hit FA hard because this is the first true year post Hurney salary cap issues, we had money early and we spent it often.

Rivera is one year removed from Coach of the year and is in the 2nd year of a 3 year 19.5 million dollar extension. If Kalil works out and Luke plays 16 games this team is going to make the Playoffs, if not Rivera has excuses. And if no Playoffs I think the best we could hope for is a Getts power play to remove Shula. JR ain't giving Rivera 6.5 million to walk.

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

that was last years schedule 

good point SOJA since last year our AFC opponents were Oakland San Diego,Kansas City &Denver.in between weeks 12 & 13 the team decided to  stay n the bay area to avoid the grueling back and forth trek across the country.

this year Miami,New England,N.Y. Jets & Buffalo are our AFC opponents and not only are our away games closer but our opponents in general are easier

On 5/12/2017 at 4:32 PM, Proudiddy said:

I'm not really worried about the Failcons, and expect them to be a trainwreck after 28-3, #neverforget...  Tampa Bay looks scary on paper and are the only real concern in the division I have, as of now, but they have Jameis as a QB and Koetter as a coach, lol...  Oh, and they're Tampa Bay.  The Saints had a good draft, but I still don't think they're a factor, although it's possible they could be the "surprise team" of the year that no one saw coming, if we're not careful.  

Regardless, I think with the talent we have assembled, we should be 9-7 at worst, and should make the playoffs regardless.  If Rivera does his usual "shitting of the bed" to start the season and makes it all but a formality that we miss the playoffs before the season is 3/4 of the way over, I don't think he even makes it out of the season.

My prediction is 10-6 (or better) and a playoff berth, and hopefully a Superbowl win.  If we don't make the playoffs {and win) with this roster, he should be out.

I think the last sentence is a crucial statement that we all miss here. I don't think we have to just make the playoffs for the coaches to be safe. I believe they have to win a playoff game in order to be safe.

This is my speculation and nothing more, but I have a hard time imagining Dave Gettleman slapping Ron Rivera with a "win this many or you're out" ultimatum.

On the flipside, I have somewhat less trouble picturing Jerry Richardson telling Rivera that sort of thing.

Archived