• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Jones weighs in on Panthers season and record...

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

Our schedule is incredibly soft. I'm going a conservative 10-6 and I actually think more like 11-5 or 12-4. Unless you're worried we're getting swept by ATL, TB OR Cam's injured to start the year then idk how you get 7 losses on that schedule. 

A healthy Cam and an improved OL is enough with this D to get to 10 wins.

The beginning of the season, with Cam's surgery and still trying to work the bugs out of the "evolved" offense built behind 2 rookies, had me concerned too...until I remembered we plat SF, Buffalo, and NO! 3-0 when we go to Foxboro. By weeks 8-9 when we face the Bucs and ATL, we should be in stride for at least a 11-5 season. I do think that the either ATL or TB picks up a wild card after WE win the division.

Jones is way off base with many of his picks. Green Bay is not going 13-3 with both the lions and Vikings doing better. Picking Tennessee with 10 wins is like picking both ATL and Tampa to split. It's ridiculous and not going to happen. And the bad teams are not all going to win 2 or 3 games. Like did he not watch last year the Texans will there team to the playoffs with defense alone. They have a good Rookie QB now. Also thinking Denver is going to win 11 with KC as well is comical.  

The ONLY thing that I would think that would lead us to a 9-7 record is Cam Newton's recuperation being hampered, leading to a domino effect that puts us in a hole at the beginning of the season.

We have too much talent on both sides of the ball. Our defense alone will be enough to win us the division. I'm predicting 10-6 will win this division (11-5 at worst).

1 hour ago, thomas96 said:

Only two ways coaches are kept if we go 9-7.

1. Cam gets hurt before start of season and we go 9-7 with DA.

2. We make playoffs at 9-7 and get to SB.

I can't see G-man firing the coaches if we make the playoffs even at 9-7. Mind you, I don't believe we'll go 9-7 with a healthy Cam unless he continues with the low key retrogression. 

We should take the division. We've got the most balance. 

In my opinion Superbowl losers lose a lot motivation to get back the next year and I see the Falcons coming in second. Buccaneers will implode. Saints will be trash as always.

Injuries/Luck are always the concern.

We have a "franchise QB", we have playmakers at RB and TE, and recently added one at WR if he can learn the ropes pretty quickly, and we should have a top 10 defense....obviously barring injury.

If we don't get at least a wild card, I see a house cleaning coming.  DG will be bringing in his own guys.

So much depends on the health of the players.  The year we went to SB our team was relatively healthy.  Last year the team wasn't.  Look at the OL by the end of the year.  yikes!

Similarly the Falcons were pretty darn healthy last year (unlike us).

what tools do we not have to win every game?  We are in "win now" mode.  9-7 will not get it.  I have always thought Rivera is overrated--I just don't think he is a creative football mind and I think he is a below-average game manager.  He is a "player's coach" which is why the locker room is great.  Last place schedule?  9-7 gets RR and Co fired.

Archived