• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Jones weighs in on Panthers season and record...

Jeremy Igo

Jones is just a tool for the machine now, and apparently an idiot.

Once we come out lighting it up everyone will act surprised like we didn't just run our division for 3 years and go to the Super Bowl. We're a team of studs and we've reloaded.

i encourage everyone to watch the Cam newton touchdown celebration video on panthers.com. It'll help remind you of who our QB is and why our team is better, different, and more fun to watch than anyone else in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

JJ says 9-7 for the Panthers. He also gives records for all other teams here...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/05/10/nfl-2017-projected-team-records

He has the Panthers at 3rd in the division behind Tampa Bay and Atlanta. They miss the playoffs. 

I agree with him here:

Pivotal game: Week 8 at Buccaneers. In a tight division, Carolina needs to reassert itself as the dominant team that won the NFC South three straight times. This is the Panthers’ first divisional game, and it will be followed immediately by a visit from the Falcons. 

Also, he uses the term Blind Side which I will be teasing him about. 

If JJ's prediction is right, I believe a total coaching regime change would take place on black Monday. 

Our schedule is incredibly soft. I'm going a conservative 10-6 and I actually think more like 11-5 or 12-4. Unless you're worried we're getting swept by ATL, TB OR Cam's injured to start the year then idk how you get 7 losses on that schedule. 

A healthy Cam and an improved OL is enough with this D to get to 10 wins.

1 hour ago, Norway said:

This team has too much talent at key positions to not make the playoff every season! 
Cam, KK, Luke, Greg, TD/Shaq, Stew, Star, Trai, Norwell, KB (not the fat version), R. Kalil + young talent like McCaffrey, Samuel, Bradberry (and possibly Worley and Butler) - nuff said  

Thanks for this list I had forgotten who was on the team. 

10 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Our schedule is incredibly soft. I'm going a conservative 10-6 and I actually think more like 11-5 or 12-4. Unless you're worried we're getting swept by ATL, TB OR Cam's injured to start the year then idk how you get 7 losses on that schedule. 

A healthy Cam and an improved OL is enough with this D to get to 10 wins.

Hey, don't forget about that evolved offence.

Idk why anyone should give any credence to what someone like Jonathan Jones predicts our record to be, in May. I would be willing to say that most of us here know as much or more about the Panthers than any of these writers.

I predict we go 13-3. 

I'm not optimistic about this season and I think much of it has to do with Mike Shula. I think Cam is still going to take a lot of hits and McCaffrey isn't going to be used to his full potential. Panthers will hover around 7-9.

I can't see 9-7 but considering we'll be playing the weak AFC East (excluding the Pats) all of the last place teams in the NFC along with the NFC North as a division, and even there the Packers defense is still a mystery. 

I see us at 3-1 by the Week 4 vs SF / BUF / NO, then the game vs the Patriots, then right after that it's DET / PHI CHI

After that TB / ATL division back to back it's MIA / NYJ / NO another three favorable games IMO. 

So to me it's 10-12 wins, 10 wins I think we can earn a wildcard, and 12 wins the division. 

21 minutes ago, joemac said:

Idk why anyone should give any credence to what someone like Jonathan Jones predicts our record to be, in May. I would be willing to say that most of us here know as much or more about the Panthers than any of these writers.

I predict we go 13-3. 

Jones did cover the Panthers for the Observer for a while. That's why his opinion is notable.

That said, his calling the Bucs our first division game is sloppy writing, especially given he should know our division quite well.

Archived