• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton the Rapper?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

People expect more and hold damn football players to higher levels than they do the leader of our nation. 

Cam, keep your head down and just play football. Cam, don't celebrate...I hated when you celebrated in 2015. Cam, don't make rap videos...rap is crap!!!

Says all that then goes to the polls and votes for our current leader. Yikes...

PREACH

13 hours ago, thomas96 said:

There have been hundreds of players in Cam's position after the SB, and the large majority of them do what is asked of them as a part of their contracts and the millions they get paid to play a game. And that one thing is a simple press conference. I don't care if Cam answers every question with one word or no insight at all. He could repeat "we lost the game" the whole time and I would be fine with it. But walking out before it ended is not good. It's not a big deal to me, I don't hate him for it or think much of it. I just don't like this particular action of his and don't think it was the best thing to do. I understand that that's who he is and he's passionate, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it. You don't have to like or agree with every single thing a person does to like them overall. I like Cam as a person and as a football player. But like with every single person on this earth, he has flaws in both aspects which I don't like and does things I don't like to see and wouldn't do myself. Sorry I don't worship everything about the guy like you do.

There has never before nor ever since been a QB in Cam's position after the SB.  The losing QB has never been forced to do his post SB loss close to the opposing team gloating.  He certainly could have handled it better if he was more able to suppress his emotions but given his emotional make up him walking out was the best thing he could do given the circumstances. He's an emotional guy, just like Smitty. It's part of what makes them great.  Walking out of that press conference instead of sticking around and possibly saying something foolish showed incredible maturity and self control. But certain types of people will never recognize that. 

Archived