• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton the Rapper?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, 15 said:

you sound like an uptight cry baby that is forgetting that this is a game played for entertainment purposes only. 

I'm sharing my opinion on the subject. I'm not getting emotional about this because it's entirely unimportant to me. Just interesting to see other people's beliefs, and to see them getting defensive. And you're right, it's the entertainment business. I, along with many football fans, am entertained by the sport of football. Not the dancing in between plays. I don't even notice it most of the time because I don't watch it. It doesn't get me upset or mad when I'm watching, I'm indifferent to it during the games. I'm sharing my opinion about it here because that's the subject of the thread and it started with me responding to people assuming all people who don't love Cam are racists, and that type of thinking bothers me. It branched off into this and I've responded with my thoughts accordingly, but all in all I really just don't care that much about it.

Today we’ll go with 28 things you may or may not know about Cameron Jerrell Newton:

1. He loves stogies. Don’t believe it? Check out his Instagram feed, in which he’s often pictured enjoying what one can only imagine is a fine Cuban cigar.

2. He has a personal photographer who follows him around the field and town documenting all the moments he shares on social media -- and some that he doesn’t share.

3. He has his own hatmaker based in California who makes him one-of-a-kind lids. OK, everyone should know this by now if they paid attention to Newton at all last season. If you didn’t, perhaps this story and this picture will help.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F0510%2Fr208392_1296x729_16%2D9.jpg&w=570 Cam Newton and Miranda Kerr shared the role of supermodel in a Super Bowl car commercial. Emma McIntyre/Getty Images for Buick

4. He likes feathers. They are the signature item of his hats.

5. He’s not particularly accurate as a passer. He’s never completed 62 percent of his passes in a season and he’s coming off a career-worst 52.9 percent. That’s why McCaffrey and Samuel are such big presents.

http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/25574/stogies-to-style-all-you-may-or-may-not-know-about-cam-newton-as-he-turns-28

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

It's funny you mention Olsen, he has gone out of his way to defend Newton from people like you about the very subjects you are discussing. What does he know though, huh?

Maybe you should take a page out of his book, and stop being a goofball?

Actions speak louder than words. Ever heard that one? If Greg liked what Cam does so much, he'd do it too. Or maybe it just isn't his thing. Just like it isn't my thing. I don't hate it or care that much or want to call Cam out on it, just sharing my opinion on it because that's the topic here. I would defend Cam from people who think that his celebrating or stuff like that really matters at all in the big picture and who criticize him and say he sucks as a QB or the Panthers should get rid of him because of that. Because that way of thinking is ridiculous, but that doesn't mean I have to like the celebrating. I can defend against the overreaction to Cam's flaws (as some perceive them) such as the press conference, while myself responding to it with a reasonable critical reaction. It's fine to me if someone says they don't like that Cam walked out of the press conference but all in all it doesn't really matter and they of course want him as our QB more than any other QB, but it's ridiculous when people say the Panthers should cut him because of that or that he'll never win a SB and cite that as evidence. I'd take Cam over every single QB in this generation of QBs in their prime with the exception of just one--Peyton Manning. I'd take Cam over Brady, Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Ryan, Big Ben, Brees, etc. and it's not even close with any of them. Peyton it's close and I'd take him over Cam just slightly and only for his play on the field being better. I don't see why it's so difficult for you to understand that people can not like certain things about someone without those things being very important when deciding what they think of the person overall.

I don't get why people get mad or find something wrong with dancing celebrations anyway. It takes, what, 5 seconds for them to celebrate? I watch football for entertainment purposes. Taunting, celebrating, seeing players get fired up is all part of the football experience. Without it, you just have robots playing with a ball, which is why the energy Cam has brought to this pathetic franchise is the best thing to happen to us. We were put back on the map, people are talking about us (whether good or bad), and the whole city has been bumping every since Cam was drafted.

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

Actions speak louder than words. Ever heard that one? If Greg liked what Cam does so much, he'd do it too. Or maybe it just isn't his thing. Just like it isn't my thing. I don't hate it or care that much or want to call Cam out on it, just sharing my opinion on it because that's the topic here. I would defend Cam from people who think that his celebrating or stuff like that really matters at all in the big picture and who criticize him and say he sucks as a QB or the Panthers should get rid of him because of that. Because that way of thinking is ridiculous, but that doesn't mean I have to like the celebrating. I can defend against the overreaction to Cam's flaws (as some perceive them) such as the press conference, while myself responding to it with a reasonable critical reaction. It's fine to me if someone says they don't like that Cam walked out of the press conference but all in all it doesn't really matter and they of course want him as our QB more than any other QB, but it's ridiculous when people say the Panthers should cut him because of that or that he'll never win a SB and cite that as evidence. I'd take Cam over every single QB in this generation of QBs in their prime with the exception of just one--Peyton Manning. I'd take Cam over Brady, Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Ryan, Big Ben, Brees, etc. and it's not even close with any of them. Peyton it's close and I'd take him over Cam just slightly and only for his play on the field being better. I don't see why it's so difficult for you to understand that people can not like certain things about someone without those things being very important when deciding what they think of the person overall.

Are you kidding me? Because Greg Olsen isn't out there dancing his ass off you are really going to try to discredit the words that came out of his mouth? Numerous times he has gone on shows, and talked about the media narrative revolving around Newton, and he damn sure didn't seem to be faking it, the guy is anything but a bullshitter.

If you've reached the point where you're trying to move the goal posts about Olsen's own words, we are done here. I would recommend you find a new sport to watch.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Are you kidding me? Because Greg Olsen isn't out there dancing his ass off you are really going to try to discredit the words that came out of his mouth? Numerous times he has gone on shows, and talked about the media narrative revolving around Newton, and he damn sure didn't seem to be faking it, the guy is anything but a bullshitter.

If you've reached the point where you're trying to move the goal posts about Olsen's own words, we are done here. I would recommend you find a new sport to watch.

You didn't read past the first sentence, did you?

Anyway, back to the OP.

The fact that we can't even have a thread about Cam Newton rapping on his birthday without people ranting about thinly veiled bullshit like him celebrating or being immature, or have a thread like we did last year when he posted a picture of him and his friends on vacation and people here lost their minds suggesting Newton's friends looked like gang members tells me this country is still a shithole full of racist losers, and I will celebrate in the streets when this generation of losers bites the dust.

Until then, I'm dabbing.

14 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

TheRed and Thomas be like...

More like Tucker Carlson talking to some dumb liberal who's losing their sh(t over him being a racist or sexist or misogynist or some other dumb made up word like that. I don't know how to make those video things otherwise I'd post one of one of the chicks on there breaking down in tears like a child getting put on time out.

I'm sure literally no one is surprised to see that thomas96 also spends his time ranting about liberals.

You hate liberals. You hate football players celebrating.

Typical boring conservative white guy. We get it.

People expect more and hold damn football players to higher levels than they do the leader of our nation. 

Cam, keep your head down and just play football. Cam, don't celebrate...I hated when you celebrated in 2015. Cam, don't make rap videos...rap is crap!!!

Says all that then goes to the polls and votes for our current leader. Yikes...

5 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

More like Tucker Carlson talking to some dumb liberal who's losing their sh(t over him being a racist or sexist or misogynist or some other dumb made up word like that. I don't know how to make those video things otherwise I'd post one of one of the chicks on there breaking down in tears like a child getting put on time out.

It all makes sense...

Archived