• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton the Rapper?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

I mean I'm just going to point blank light the thread on fire and say what other people lack the stones to say.

People that have a problem with harmless stuff like this are offended Cam is acting too black for their delicate sensibilities because he is a QB. Fug those people, and if any of them are our fans, fug them too.

When you hear words like "thug, immature, obnoxious", what those closet racists really want to say is "black". This is acting "black" to them. Posting vids on social media, having fun, having an outgoing personality, being loud, etc. Sh*t's pathetic tbh. Have the balls to say what you REALLY mean, or STFU.

3 minutes ago, Castavar said:

When you hear words like "thug, immature, obnoxious", what those closet racists really want to say is "black". This is acting "black" to them. Posting vids on social media, having fun, having an outgoing personality, being loud, etc. Sh*t's pathetic tbh. Have the balls to say what you REALLY mean, or STFU.

Assuming everyone who calls Cam any of those things or doesn't like him is a racist is a bad habit to get into. Sure, some are racists. But a lot of them are just people who don't know anything about Cam or care to know anything about him and they just listen to media generated hype and misleading stories like his issues in school, which is fine. I don't care to know anything about the large majority of players from other teams and all I really have to go by with a lot of them is what I hear from the national media. I don't waste my time going and talking about them like people do with Cam, that is certainly stupid, but if I was a fan of another team and didn't follow Cam more closely or know about all his effort to help children and other charity stuff and just seeing him all the time being a fun loving guy, I'd think the same thing as these fans of other teams do who know nothing about him. I just wouldn't think about him or care about him enough to go sharing those thoughts because with so little knowledge and information I wouldn't try to talk about the subject. The difference is these people do try to talk about the subject, without knowing anything. It's really not a big deal.

I mean, think about it honestly from an outside perspective... Cam transfers from Florida to avoid getting kicked out because of a couple different incidents including the laptop. Eventually ends up at Auburn and the media was running with a ton of big stories about his dad getting paid by the schools, then Cam has one great college season and enters the draft where he's a polarizing boom/bust prospect and was largely a running QB with a big arm in college. Goes into the NFL first overall to a team nobody cares about or thinks about much and has success, but with the media wanting to stick with their bust predictions and bring him down with stories like the towel on the head, poor press conferences from Cam, etc. 2015 elevated it too, with people seeing him on ESPN highlights dancing around and rubbing it in people's faces, and then comes the loss in the SB where people see him not jump on a fumble (but don't dig in further and realize that he wasn't being a pussy but was trying to anticipate a bounce in a heat of the moment play) and then act like a poor sport in his interview afterwards.

Seriously, when that's all you see as an outside perspective, I don't know how you'd like that player. But of course, what one sees there isn't even close to the full story. Like I said before, they don't see him being great with kids and a ton about them or just being a hugely emotional person who loves winning and hates losing all the time. Cam has good and bad, just like anyone. The national media highlights the bad with Cam, because those are the stories that sell, and people believe it and just regurgitate it. Doesn't mean they're racists. I love Cam overall, but did not like his celebrating in '15, or his press conference after. Does that make me a racist?

4 minutes ago, 15 said:

I seriously fugging hate our fans. we don't deserve this team, we definitely don't deserve Cam. the state of North Carolina needs to stick to NASCAR and watching Johnny McWhiteboy from Cary, NC bring his lunchpale to an irrelevant college game.

Have you ever lived in the Carolinas or spent a considerable amount of time there?

6 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Wouldn't expect any other type of post from you.

You can't say you love a guy, and then act like a fickle asshole because he had the gall to celebrate after a touchdown with his teammates, or because he was distraught immediately after he and his team just lost the biggest game of their lives, and had to hear the opposing team literally gloating and belittling him right next to him as he was fielding questions.

Yeah, idiot is about the kindest thing I can offer if you are really that kind of fan.

What he does on the field matters.

What  he does off the field matters only if it is illegal or if it violates whatever contract he signed with the Panthers   He could choose to do good deeds or he could choose to do nothing    He is paid to perform on Sundays

He is free to look as  brilliant or ridiculous as he wishes 

Being an entertainer and icon does come with the price of public opinion and he clearly invites it

As for me, I look at Cam as a man of 28   A Father  of two and a step father of another child   Two of those children are female.  One day, he will get to explain those lyrics he sang in the video   I suspect that will be very interesting conversation 

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

You can't say you love a guy, and then act like a fickle asshole because he had the gall to celebrate after a touchdown with his teammates, or because he was distraught immediately after he and his team just lost the biggest game of their lives, and had to hear the opposing team literally gloating and belittling him right next to him as he was fielded questions.

Yeah, idiot is about the kindest thing I can offer if you are really that kind of fan.

I guess saying you don't like something is equivalent to acting like a fickle asshole in your mind. I love my wife, but I don't like how she hogs the blanket some nights when we sleep. Wow, what a fickle asshole.

Regarding the celebrating... I don't like any player celebrating after scoring. I prefer a player to hand the ball to a kid in the stands (like Cam does most of the time and I like a lot) or to the refs and then goes back to his bench and gets ready to continue doing his job. Celebrate the team winning, not scores that may not end in success. And Cam is over the top, like other players in the league are too. It's fine that they do it, I don't hate it or think any less of them because of it. It's just not what I like to see the most. I don't like Gronk spiking the ball, I don't like Rodgers doing his little belt thing, and I don't like Brady going beserk every time he rushes for more than a yard. And I don't like all the players, including Cam, who celebrate after getting a first down, while the play is still running. It's silly and foolish to me. Celebrate the desired end result, not all the tiny victories within a game. That's just my opinion on it. Sorry I don't share yours and all these players'.

There have been hundreds of players in Cam's position after the SB, and the large majority of them do what is asked of them as a part of their contracts and the millions they get paid to play a game. And that one thing is a simple press conference. I don't care if Cam answers every question with one word or no insight at all. He could repeat "we lost the game" the whole time and I would be fine with it. But walking out before it ended is not good. It's not a big deal to me, I don't hate him for it or think much of it. I just don't like this particular action of his and don't think it was the best thing to do. I understand that that's who he is and he's passionate, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it. You don't have to like or agree with every single thing a person does to like them overall. I like Cam as a person and as a football player. But like with every single person on this earth, he has flaws in both aspects which I don't like and does things I don't like to see and wouldn't do myself. Sorry I don't worship everything about the guy like you do.

25 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I guess saying you don't like something is equivalent to acting like a fickle asshole in your mind. I love my wife, but I don't like how she hogs the blanket some nights when we sleep. Wow, what a fickle asshole.

Regarding the celebrating... I don't like any player celebrating after scoring. I prefer a player to hand the ball to a kid in the stands (like Cam does most of the time and I like a lot) or to the refs and then goes back to his bench and gets ready to continue doing his job. Celebrate the team winning, not scores that may not end in success. And Cam is over the top, like other players in the league are too. It's fine that they do it, I don't hate it or think any less of them because of it. It's just not what I like to see the most. I don't like Gronk spiking the ball, I don't like Rodgers doing his little belt thing, and I don't like Brady going beserk every time he rushes for more than a yard. And I don't like all the players, including Cam, who celebrate after getting a first down, while the play is still running. It's silly and foolish to me. Celebrate the desired end result, not all the tiny victories within a game. That's just my opinion on it. Sorry I don't share yours and all these players'.

There have been hundreds of players in Cam's position after the SB, and the large majority of them do what is asked of them as a part of their contracts and the millions they get paid to play a game. And that one thing is a simple press conference. I don't care if Cam answers every question with one word or no insight at all. He could repeat "we lost the game" the whole time and I would be fine with it. But walking out before it ended is not good. It's not a big deal to me, I don't hate him for it or think much of it. I just don't like this particular action of his and don't think it was the best thing to do. I understand that that's who he is and he's passionate, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it. You don't have to like or agree with every single thing a person does to like them overall. I like Cam as a person and as a football player. But like with every single person on this earth, he has flaws in both aspects which I don't like and does things I don't like to see and wouldn't do myself. Sorry I don't worship everything about the guy like you do.

I can maybe begin to wrap my mind around the issue of the press conference, but celebrating? Why even watch a sporting event if you are that much of a miserable curmudgeon? Seems like a really awful boring existence. Be better dude.

Just now, TheRed said:

I can maybe begin to wrap my mind around the issue of the press conference, but celebrating? Why even watch a sporting event if you are that much a  miserable curmudgeon? Seems like a really awful existence. Be better dude.

Well maybe because I like watching the sporting event, and not people dancing around. If I wanted to watch people dancing around I'd tune into Dancing With the Stars on Monday nights instead of football. The celebrating doesn't bother me while I'm watching it, I just don't like it. It's silly to me, and the players should focus on playing the game of football, which is what I, and a ton of fans, want to see. I think the league flagging celebrations is completely stupid and needs to be changed to just fines or nothing at all, but while I don't think it should be banned, I also don't think players should do it. Similar to my views on legalizing Marijuana, I don't think anyone should do it for any reason, but I also don't think the government should be banning a plant that a lot of people want to use, and it's their right to use. It's Cam and these players' right to celebrate if they so choose. I just like players who have a certain respect for the game and the class that goes along with that and don't go overboard with celebrating. Greg Olsen is a perfect example. I don't really get myself worked up over any of this stuff like you are. It's not that important to me. It's an interesting discussion and I'm sharing my opinion, but largely I don't really care all that much about this stuff. I don't think you can say the same, considering you show up instantly anywhere on this board where people say anything about Cam that isn't hailing him as the greatest of all time at everything he does. Reminds me of that season of South park with all the PC people in the bar any time someone says something like Bruce Jenner and one of them instantly shows up getting pissed and correcting it to Kaitlin. PC TheRed getting upset over people not being PC about Cam. Seems like a really awful existence.

2 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Well maybe because I like watching the sporting event, and not people dancing around. If I wanted to watch people dancing around I'd tune into Dancing With the Stars on Monday nights instead of football. The celebrating doesn't bother me while I'm watching it, I just don't like it. It's silly to me, and the players should focus on playing the game of football, which is what I, and a ton of fans, want to see. I think the league flagging celebrations is completely stupid and needs to be changed to just fines or nothing at all, but while I don't think it should be banned, I also don't think players should do it. Similar to my views on legalizing Marijuana, I don't think anyone should do it for any reason, but I also don't think the government should be banning a plant that a lot of people want to use, and it's their right to use. It's Cam and these players' right to celebrate if they so choose. I just like players who have a certain respect for the game and the class that goes along with that and don't go overboard with celebrating. Greg Olsen is a perfect example. I don't really get myself worked up over any of this stuff like you are. It's not that important to me. It's an interesting discussion and I'm sharing my opinion, but largely I don't really care all that much about this stuff. I don't think you can say the same, considering you show up instantly anywhere on this board where people say anything about Cam that isn't hailing him as the greatest of all time at everything he does. Reminds me of that season of South park with all the PC people in the bar any time someone says something like Bruce Jenner and one of them instantly shows up getting pissed and correcting it to Kaitlin. PC TheRed getting upset over people not being PC about Cam. Seems like a really awful existence.

It's funny you mention Olsen, he has gone out of his way to defend Newton from people like you about the very subjects you are discussing. What does he know though, huh?

Maybe you should take a page out of his book, and stop being a goofball?

Archived