• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Linebacker Logjam

Jeremy Igo

We always seem to go into training camp with an embarrassment of riches for linebackers. That's a pretty good situation to be in. Should lead to some good camp competitions.

Also, is there any chance they may take Cash and shift him back to safety?

13 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Until someone takes it away the spots are Cash and Jacobs to lose.

I agree.  Norris is in the mix with them too.  Jacobs is coming off injury, so Norris has the edge in terms of more play in 2016, but Jacobs the overall edge in experience.

My current hunch is that we keep 7 with Cash, Jacobs & Norris all making it.  But if only 6, I would guess it would be both Norris & Boulware to PS.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Steve Smith had insane athletic ability. 

Boulware has the drive, but lacks the physical ability. That can get you by in college, but is so much more difficult at the pro level. I am pulling for him, but he has a tough road ahead. 

Pretty much what I was going to say. Smitty only had lack of height going against him (in the days of 'we love tall receivers'). Boulware is lacking in quite a few athletic measurables.

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Steve Smith had insane athletic ability. 

Boulware has the drive, but lacks the physical ability. That can get you by in college, but is so much more difficult at the pro level. I am pulling for him, but he has a tough road ahead. 

Absolutely, Steve was far more athletic but that chip on his shoulder to prove everyone wrong is the same with Boulware.  The video of Boulware I saw, many times he diagnosed the play well before the snap and making the move to stop it as soon as the snap  occurred.  That will make up for lack of speed.  I think he is going to prove everyone wrong.

Absolutely, Steve was far more athletic but that chip on his shoulder to prove everyone wrong is the same with Boulware.  The video of Boulware I saw, many times he diagnosed the play well before the snap and making the move to stop it as soon as the snap  occurred.  That will make up for lack of speed.  I think he is going to prove everyone wrong.

I hope so as well, but will probably either just pick him up as a Rotational LB or not even make the 53 man Roster

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You can add Cash to the locks IMO. I would like to see Norris or Boulware step up. Jacobs is pushing 30 and he can't be that great on special teams considering how poorly that unit has played the past few years. Time to get the roster younger.

2 hours ago, Nate Dogg said:

You can add Cash to the locks IMO. 

I think so. He's not through cooking yet, and they want more taste tests.

2 hours ago, #PanthersKing said:

Boulware should make the team if Cash made it last year. 

Because they're both LB'rs? Both UDFA's? Sorry, that makes no sense. They're very different players.

Archived