• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the imminent Atlanta "biggest choke in history" Hangover real?

Jeremy Igo

Honestly, I have no idea -- hoping for the best, but have the sneaking suspicion that the worst will materialize (and probably in the playoffs). Just not sure how such a young team can bounce back from something like that. 

It's real, not to mention the Falcons replaced their offensive coordinator with an alcoholic who couldn't keep a job at the college level.

It also has to do with health.

We saw firsthand how a relatively healthy team can quickly go downhill with a few key pieces taken out.

Can Atlanta avoid serious issues to their O-line and playmakers?

I don't believe the SB collapse will affect them nearly as much as just the normal, usual problems every team has in both retaining (or improving) key personnel (including staff), and keeping them healthy. 

18 hours ago, Cyberjag said:
  • 2007 Bears went from 13-3 to 7-9
  • 2008 Patriots went from 16-0 to 11-5 (Injuries, mainly)
  • 2009 Cardinals went from 9-7 to 10-6
  • 2010 Colts went from 14-2 to 10-6
  • 2011 Steelers went from 12-4 to 12-4
  • 2012 Patriots went from 13-3 to 12-4
  • 2013 49ers went from 11-4-1 to 12-4
  • 2014 Broncos went from 13-3 to 12-4
  • 2015 Seahawks went from 12-4 to 10-6
  • 2016 Panthers went from 15-1 to 6-10

Seeing this, I'm trying to figure out where this "Super Bowl" hangover narrative came from? Looks like you guys and the Bears are the only ones to completely poo the bed in the last 10 years. 

The way we lost is a possible problem, but our coach speaks in bumper stickers....so I'm hoping for the best. 

Archived