• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the imminent Atlanta "biggest choke in history" Hangover real?

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Cyberjag said:

I don't see it, honestly.  They get to open with the Bears, and then play the Packers at home and the Lions on the road.  1-2 is believable, and if that happens everyone and their brother will be trotting out the hangover narrative.  But the next four games are against the AFC East, and they should win them all except the one in New England.  They will hit the middle of their season at around 4-4 and I think they finish 8-8 or 9-7.  This is a team that lost five games last year, but they got hot at the right time.  They got those 11 wins due to a string of luck and good football, and they will be good again next year.

For what it's worth, here are the records for Super Bowl losers for the past 10 years.

• 2007 Bears went from 13-3 to 7-9
  • 2008 Patriots went from 16-0 to 11-5 (Injuries, mainly)
  • 2009 Cardinals went from 9-7 to 10-6
  • 2010 Colts went from 14-2 to 10-6
  • 2011 Steelers went from 12-4 to 12-4
  • 2012 Patriots went from 13-3 to 12-4
  • 2013 49ers went from 11-4-1 to 12-4
  • 2014 Broncos went from 13-3 to 12-4
  • 2015 Seahawks went from 12-4 to 10-6
  • 2016 Panthers went from 15-1 to 6-10

I don't think the hangover is a guaranteed thing.  We just want it to be because we had one.

= BAN. 

It's definitely something they will have to battle through. Things could go wrong early if the offensive chemistry doesn't click like last season under the new coordinator. The loss of Kyle Shanahan was huge and the media is downplaying it. I don't see how they recover from that this season. 

Talent is everywhere in the NFL. Coaching, luck and injuries (lack of) play a huge part as well.  Chemistry and confidence is just as, if not more important and vital when it comes to winning in a league that's very evenly matched.

I personally believe the SB loss (and win) hangover does happen. One plays major part  due to lack of motivation and the other can be attributed to lack of confidence early...among other factors.

They didn't 'lose' their DC. They fired him. Quinn took over the Defense just around the time the Defense started being worth a damn. Yeah, Shanahan was a great play designer and schemer - but the TALENT alone on that offense...a person with no coaching experience could make that offense top 10. Besides, Sarkisian is doing the one thing Shanahan's egotistical mind wouldn't - giving Ryan more freedom to do no huddle, and do his own thing..which a realistic football fan would know, Ryan is smart pre-snap and in no huddle. Only a biased fan would think otherwise.

2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

All we hear is blah blah blah. Go hang out on the falcons board with the rest of your delusional fans 

I was looking to hangout with delusional fans, it's why I came here.

If they experience a similar amount of injuries to key players like we did last year ? I could see it definitely. 

But if they all somehow stay healthy again ? Too talented of a roster and not losing key starters like we did in Norman , Tillman , Harper , and cotchery . In this senario they would probably not have as good of a season as last year due to the coaching changes , but probably still a winning season with a shot at a wild card , or even another division winner if we somehow poo thebed next season .

Yes, after last year I totally believe it is a thing. I felt like our team last year felt like everything was just gonna come together like the 2015 season. Winning in this league takes a lot of work. The Falcons players will believe they can get back but not really give the effort they did this past season until its too late.

Archived