• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realistic expectations for Alex Armah

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

How can you say zero chance when the guy was drafted for a position where he has one other guy to compete with? What area of his game is he so weak at that causes you to believe he has no chance whatsoever?

There are some people who firmly believe (for some reason) that Gettleman drafts players on "whims".

And, because the Madden GMs had never heard of this kid, obviously this is one of those cases.

On 5/8/2017 at 10:15 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

So what is a reasonable expectation of Armah this year. Practice squad? Regular roster? Do you feel he even has a chance of seeing the field on offense? 

Awfully hard to say at this point.  DG & Ron very clearly spoke of him as a project, and regarding the attempt to convert him to a new position, they said something like "they don't know how will go, but they're excited about trying."

Without seeing Darrel Young getting some snaps, it's hard for me to judge.  Young has the experience, but he's had a full year out of football.  Is he rusty?  washed up?  If Young still shows he has game, I'd think Young has the edge and that Armah is developed behind him.  But really, that's a guess.

8 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

My point exactly, great athlete, not great at any particular position

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

What other position did he play?  Armah was pretty damn good at playing football. Williams never really was. I don't see any similarity beyond a negative attitude toward a new Panther 

Archived