• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realistic expectations for Alex Armah

Jeremy Igo

A 6th round 2 way player from West Georgia in his rookie season.....I think expectations have to be pretty low.  Not saying he can't develop into a good player, but for year 1 ya gotta temper expectations here.

1 hour ago, Paa Langfart said:

Never heard of the guy before we drafted him and I expect that at this time next year,  few huddlers will remember his name.

Way to bring the optimism. Personally, I don't see any reason to believe he can't at least be a good ST'er. He has a great attitude and work ethic and has great hight, weight, and speed measurables everybody is looking for in a FB.

I don't think that Stews carries will go down because of McCaffrey or Curtis. Cams carries will go way down as he only runs on sneaks misdirection plays and scrambles. There will be plenty of work for Stewart and the running backs.  We will likely keep 2 fullbacks on the 53 given we are going to still have a traditional power game. I doubt both will be active on game day.

4 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

I hope not.

He can either do the job or he can't. 

If he can't, he should be on the PS or cut. No need for 2 FBs on this roster.

Me? I don't think DG spent a draft pick on a FB thinking he wasn't gonna win the job.  I think he will.

Yes there is. He would be a beast on ST and can help out at TE. We carried Brockel for all those years. Armah is an upgrade from him. 

He'll make the active roster.  If not, he won't last on the Practice Squad.   Even if it is only for Special teams.  He has been a LB and TE so he can block and tackle.  

His stance in this picture give me hope.   Pretty good looking stance.   I damn sure would be biting hard on my mouth piece if I saw him about to collide with me. 

That's a lot of beef coming at you.

24 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Way to bring the optimism

The op didn't ask for optimism, he asked for realistic expectations.  I think my expectations are much more realistic than some of the pie in the sky bs I have read about Armah here on the huddle.

Practice squad at best

Some seem a bit too optimistic with him, but like others have stated, he's a two way small school athlete that hasn't played FB since High School.

I'm not holding my breath that he makes the active roster. He certainly seems athletic enough to one day do it, but right now, I don't expect him to. 

1 hour ago, Paa Langfart said:

The op didn't ask for optimism, he asked for realistic expectations.  I think my expectations are much more realistic than some of the pie in the sky bs I have read about Armah here on the huddle.

I'm betting some of y'all are real joys at weddings, birthdays, and bar mitzvahs.

"50% of marriages end in divorce!"

"Cancer, children! CANCER!"

"A terrorist blew up a synagogue in Tel Aviv today!"

"What? I'M JUST BEING REALISTIC!"

36 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

Realisticly? He has zero chance to make it, probably cut before final pre season game, and then we sign a vet with actual fullback experience 

How can you say zero chance when the guy was drafted for a position where he has one other guy to compete with? What area of his game is he so weak at that causes you to believe he has no chance whatsoever?

Archived