• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moton

Jeremy Igo

Just now, ecu88 said:

6 years ago I did :)

Didn't know if you had a family member or friend graduating like me.  Anyways, it sucked because they let more people in than minges could handle. I got there an hour early and had great seats and then a crown came in 10 minutes before it starts and stands all along the rails in front of everyone seated. Event staff nor police would do anything about it.  All my kids are out of college so I won't be going to anymore there.

1 minute ago, OBXPantha said:

Didn't know if you had a family member or friend graduating like me.  Anyways, it sucked because they let more people in than minges could handle. I got there an hour early and had great seats and then a crown came in 10 minutes before it starts and stands all along the rails in front of everyone seated. Event staff nor police would do anything about it.  All my kids are out of college so I won't be going to anymore there.

This year was a nightmare I heard. My 2011 class was way more civiled and my sis 2014 grad class. I stopped donating after my sis grad in 2014. I love my pirates but there are some things I disagree with done by campus. Sorry y'all had a bad experience. Hopefully ECU will righten their course.

3 hours ago, Dick the Butcher said:

I'm not arguing he's not top-3 at his position.  I LOVE the pick.  But the fact remains he still has elements of his game he can refine.

please tell me the top 3?

in an ideal scenario you would want to allow a rookie tackle time to develop and sit for a season or two.however it looks like this kid could very well be our starting RT from day one.against D1 competition Wisconsin Moton was manhandling the oppnent in a game in which he looked like a man against boys.time will tell but i believe this kid is an upgrade over what we've been accustomed to seeing at RT in Remmers and Williams.

2 hours ago, OBXPantha said:

Graduation ceremonies are undignified, immature, out of control nightmares these days.  And its NOT the graduates, its the families of the graduates.

I walked many decades ago before it became a contest between families to see who could make the biggest fools of themselves (after being politely asked not to).

I attended my son's 3 years ago and almost regretted it as much as I was proud of him.  Ended up not being able to hear hardly anything with all the out of control celebration with every name that was called, noisemakers, and other idiocy.  And, as you said, the college administrators do nothing about it.

2 hours ago, ecu88 said:

This year was a nightmare I heard. My 2011 class was way more civiled and my sis 2014 grad class. I stopped donating after my sis grad in 2014. I love my pirates but there are some things I disagree with done by campus. Sorry y'all had a bad experience. Hopefully ECU will righten their course.

Trust me, ECU ain't alone when it comes to idiocy amongst the college administrators and faculty.

6 hours ago, Dick the Butcher said:

I really don't care to convince you.  Go look it up for yourself if you want.  It's one observation of a player that has a load of talent but needs to be refined into the full-time starter he needs to become.

you remind me of forrest gump

3 hours ago, bandu said:

in an ideal scenario you would want to allow a rookie tackle time to develop and sit for a season or two.however it looks like this kid could very well be our starting RT from day one.against D1 competition Wisconsin Moton was manhandling the oppnent in a game in which he looked like a man against boys.time will tell but i believe this kid is an upgrade over what we've been accustomed to seeing at RT in Remmers and Williams.

Exactly Gross started at RT and had the time to develop into a LT. Honestly so many guys coming out now need that time but few get it anymore. LT is in my opinion one of the hardest positions in the nfl

8 hours ago, Shadow said:

What makes an offensive lineman good at run blocking vs pass blocking?  Is there such a difference in technique that makes most lineman good at one but not the other?  Why is Moton able to be really good at both?  Seems like you don't see that too often.

The college game doesn't teach proper technique due to time restraints. What makes it kind of easy for Moton is he is real comfortable in his two point stance. Moton is so huge with 34" arms, he can easily transition into a 3 point stance comfortably unlike most tackles. He also has a little mean streak in him and that ain't bad at all. 

Archived