• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moton

Jeremy Igo

23 minutes ago, Dick the Butcher said:

Good God, man.  Every picture I see of him, he never has his feet on the ground.  May work against rookies in a rookie mini camp with no pads, but dude will be on his butt if he doesn't learn to keep his feet planted.

Huh!?!?! You know a T keeping his feet "planted" is exactly how they get beat. Lateral movement is any T best friend....

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

He was a very solid pick. I've heard that some say him being from a small school will "hurt him," but I say his production says otherwise.

Moton's run and pass blocking were near the top percentile. For a 320lb guy, he's got crazy athleticism and power.

image.jpeg.6b1a277490d6c2382d122c1ddc9f1c29.jpeg

Just imagining his ferocity on the field that he puts in drills gives me chills.

image.gif.2c3e6b8b0ed686bc4735ac71887c7aca.gif

I like Daryl Williams. I honestly do. But Moton is another guy I'd love as a pure RT. One of the best pass blockers from the class, and I'm sure Igo saw a glimpse of that.

what website has that diagram? thats cool stuff.

What makes an offensive lineman good at run blocking vs pass blocking?  Is there such a difference in technique that makes most lineman good at one but not the other?  Why is Moton able to be really good at both?  Seems like you don't see that too often.

If Moton develops into the player we're hoping for based on these initial tantalizing glimpses, it will definitely increase my respect for DG, finding hopefully a very solid OT in a historically bad draft class at that position.

Let's hope that by the end of the year everyone is saying Moton was one of the steals of the draft.... 

40 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Huh!?!?! You know a T keeping his feet "planted" is exactly how they get beat. Lateral movement is any T best friend....

lateral movement and footwork are mutually exclusive.  coaches want OLmen to move laterally while keeping their foothold in the ground.

1 minute ago, Dick the Butcher said:

lateral movement and footwork are mutually exclusive.  coaches want OLmen to move laterally while keeping their foothold in the ground.

Tell me more about how you move laterally in cleats on grass while keeping your foothold in the ground...

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tell me more about how you move laterally in cleats on grass while keeping your foothold in the ground...

I really don't care to convince you.  Go look it up for yourself if you want.  It's one observation of a player that has a load of talent but needs to be refined into the full-time starter he needs to become.

2 minutes ago, Dick the Butcher said:

I really don't care to convince you.  Go look it up for yourself if you want.  It's one observation of a player that has a load of talent but needs to be refined into the full-time starter he needs to become.

Don't worry. 

I'll eventually get to a breakdown on Moton. You'll see exactly why he was a top 3 pass blocker from this class.

Archived