• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers QB Garrett Gilbert

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

The fine print (illegible here) reads:  "Don't make the dumbass comment, "But he is not in pads" or "wait until they put the pads on" as if it is insight we need to grasp the enormity of the situation. Nobody reacts to a comment like that with, "By golly, you know he's right.  They aren't wearing pads and I was foolish for making a statement about his football ability when the man is obviously padless." We know they are not wearing pads, Columbus.

Signing right up man! Lol

1 hour ago, caatfan said:

I'm fine if he turns out to be a keeper, but he's been signed and released by 4 teams since he was a 6th round pick in '14. He was a 5 star prospect coming out of high school, but he sure hasn't lived up to that rating. I can't find any info on his weaknesses with a quick search, but he obviously has some.

His weakness? Playing under IDGAF-mode Mack Brown. Dude couldn't develop the way should have in college. Add in him taking his first major snaps his freshman year in the National Championship game went Colt McCoy went down. Dude was doomed to fail. He'll catch on somewhere as a backup. He needs the right QB coach though 

Interesting that Garrett Gilbert and David Ash are both at this camp, competing for the same spot once again. Ash was forced to retire due to what he thought were concussion symptoms that were actually migraines after a *very* promising start to his career. Gilbert was one of the most hyped high school QB prospects out of Texas ever. Both of these guys were viewed as potential 1st round picks at one point in time. It'll be interesting to see who wins the competition this time around. Would love to see one of these guys groomed as QB3 until DA leaves or retires. 

Archived