• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers rookie camp photos and notes - day 1

Jeremy Igo

Jourdan Rodrigue has an article at the Observer this a.m. on Moton and the challenge of learning both RT & LT.  It's a good read.  I appreciate Moton's honesty about how tough it is.   We've got to hope the necessity of grooming him for both tackle spots doesn't limit his development...

Anyone who's ever played have any thoughts on whether this is a good thing or a bad thing in terms of whether it's likely to slow him down.  Do we risk ending up with a so-so talent as depth at both RT & LT instead of an excellent RT? 

I *know* we've got to do this though.  I'm just wondering aloud...

Update:  Oops... here's the article link

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article148934164.html

Great pictures, the combination of CMC & Samuel is interesting  for sure, but the idea of having Armahgeddon to bust holes in the line for Christian and Stewart is exciting! Too many runs last year went for 3 or 4 yards because Stewart had to carry a Lineman for those yards.

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

"As the highest round tackle that GM Dave Gettleman has ever drafted, Moton has so much expectations on his shoulders."

replace "so much" with "great."

Not only that, but "so much" should be "so many." It's also incorrect because you can't use "so" without following eventually with "that."

Also the second part of the sentence has nothing to do with the first. Every player has expectation on his shoulders. How does that specifically apply to being the highest tackle ever drafted by Gettleman?

A better sentence would be:

Because he is the highest tackled ever drafted by GM Dave Gettleman, he has expectations on him different than previous later round picks. 

Actually genius it would be:

Because he is the highest tackle ever drafted by GM Dave Gettleman, he has expectations on him different than previous later round picks. 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Jangler said:

As a Panther fan, if this doesn't excite you now, then just leave.

carolina-panthers-62-1024x683.jpg

Seeing a football player's ass sticking in the air should excite any man, not just Panthers fans.

Seeing these pictures has me excited, but bummed at the same time.  Bummed because barring something totally unforeseen I will have 0 opportunity to see these guys live this season.  I will be in the States all of June & July, but then back to traveling - work in Europe in August, and then back to Africa in September for a 15 month stint...

I am putting money aside though.  If Panthers make the superbowl in Feb, I'm gonna find some way to get there!

"As the highest round tackle that GM Dave Gettleman has ever drafted, Moton has so much expectations on his shoulders."
replace "so much" with "great."
Not only that, but "so much" should be "so many." It's also incorrect because you can't use "so" without following eventually with "that."
Also the second part of the sentence has nothing to do with the first. Every player has expectation on his shoulders. How does that specifically apply to being the highest tackle ever drafted by Gettleman?
A better sentence would be:
Because he is the highest tackled ever drafted by GM Dave Gettleman, he has expectations on him different than previous later round picks. 

The average football fan doesn't care about perfect grammar maybe you should watch soccer or something since you're being a feminist about this

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived