• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I.....Like......This.....

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, 15 said:

he spent a draft pick on TE that will never be seen again just last year. 

Sandland is on our roster right now, and there is a difference between a flyer on a TE in the 7th and a FB in the 6th. 

41 minutes ago, 15 said:

Sandland is on the Packers.

and what makes his pick a "flyer" compared to taking a hybrid FB/TE/DE from a D2 school a dozen or so picks ahead?

Wow that slipped through without me even realizing. And on the Packers still isn't disappearing like Ward did.

Late 7th is much different than early 6th. Sandland was essentially a UDFA. Of course Armah in the 6th was still a flyer but he was the first fullback drafted, and DG wouldn't use a pick on a FB with other more valuable positions available to take a chance on unless he was in their plans. It's certainly possible Armah doesn't develop quickly enough at the position, as he is raw, and he doesn't have a future here, but comparing his situation to Ward's is ridiculous. The odds are in favor of Armah being our guy at FB, either this year or next year. No guarantee of course but I wouldn't bet against him contributing as early as this year. And if he needs a year to develop behind Young then so be it.

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

Armah was picked nearly 60 spots before Sandland and is a FB which is valued significantly less in the draft and league than TE. Huge difference.

He was delivering  some thud hits when he was playing DE , that's the right type of attitude you need out of a FB. 

53 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

590d27aa50470_Screenshot_20170505-18311201.thumb.png.9d86838817cef282263fe15047063ced.png

Thanks. I'll be collecting some royalty pie from @ecu88

My b bruh

After a 5th of Jack Daniels. I really didn't know dude.

Pie this lovely mfer.

Btw it jist took me 2 minutes to type this.

Archived