• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Early thoughts on the WR corps...

Jeremy Igo

58 minutes ago, 5up said:

I really don't see why ppl keep talking bout byrd

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Ron was recently singing his praises again but I think many people are overlooking (or maybe don't realize) that he just had knee surgery a few weeks ago that will cause him to miss some of the off season stuff. Knee surgery isn't a good way to start out for a WR when you are trying to make the team and new competition has arrived. 

2 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

The same thing was said when we first brought in Ginn. Hopefully, a change in scenery will help him improve. That being said, I'm interested to watch him and Garrett compete for the "3rd bid guy" spot on the roster. i agree with Igo on the other 4 players.

Eh, maybe. Ginn at least could keep defenses honest with his speed and could return kicks. Not sure this guy brings those. Not saying I know he'll be trash but I'm not optimistic.

11 minutes ago, Cam El said:

Eh, maybe. Ginn at least could keep defenses honest with his speed and could return kicks. Not sure this guy brings those. Not saying I know he'll be trash but I'm not optimistic.

Optimism is the key. I'm not saying that he makes a game changing contribution to our receiving corps, just that he may be able to contribute a little. Plus his competition is 2 UDFA's and Bersin.

2 hours ago, joemac said:

Because the Byrd is the word?

2 hours ago, dpm0409 said:

Everyone knows that the Byrd is the word

DDDA3343-932C-456D-919B-A5EF1656FCBF-1365-00000130A1EF3EB5.gif.542cbe448c4d9c28b6d553d373b4a444.gif

but in all seriousness, I'm surprised there isn't a riot because Benji and Funchess are on there Jeremy. Last I heard they were terrible and fat and couldn't catch and probably beat puppies and kittens too.

*eye roll*

i think the Twin Towers paired with Olsen, Samuel, McCaffrey, and any combination of Shepard/Johnson/Ross is gonna light the league on fire next year.

1 minute ago, UpstatePanther said:

DDDA3343-932C-456D-919B-A5EF1656FCBF-1365-00000130A1EF3EB5.gif.542cbe448c4d9c28b6d553d373b4a444.gif

but in all seriousness, I'm surprised there isn't a riot because Benji and Funchess are on there Jeremy. Last I heard they were terrible and fat and couldn't catch and probably beat puppies and kittens too.

*eye roll*

i think the Twin Towers paired with Olsen, Samuel, McCaffrey, and any combination of Shepard/Johnson/Ross is gonna light the league on fire next year.

Love the optimism.  Not saying there is a complete lack of it around here by any means, but we need more of it!

3 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

Love the optimism.  Not saying there is a complete lack of it around here by any means, but we need more of it!

Well I'm not the type to get optimistic for no reason. There is a helluva lot of talent on this offense. If we can keep Cam off the turf, get him alittle more accurate, and pull off this offensive "evolution", then the NFL needs to watch the f*ck out cus we're coming for blood. 

Then again, if those things don't happen, then our offense will struggle again. But even then I have cause for optimism. Our defense is really freaking stout. The hole I see is safety depth, and the GettleFather may deal with that after June 1st cuts. 

Right now, I'm filled with a poo ton of cautious optimism. There's a lot to hope for cus we seem to have put together a great team. I fully believe it will come down to coaching and execution.

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

Because like a gentleman named Josh Norman he had a great preseason and many of us would like to see what he can do when given some real responsibility. The dude is lightning.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Having a great preseason against players that don't makes teams rosters doesn't mean anything. There are preseason heroes for every team every year that don't translate to the regular season. I'm sure he has been given every opportunity in the world in practice to prove himself against starting caliber defenders. Luckily for you Ron seems to be high on Byrd and he was even put on the 53 for the final part of the season last year. So they see his potential. But he's not better than CJ, Shepard, Bersin, or probably even Ross. 

Shepard is a lock based on his great special teams ability alone. Even if he doesn't do much as a receiver. I feel like for that reason he replaces Bersin ( who has been kept primarily for special team purposes) I'm a Bersin fan and I know he just got a contract with us but I think all of you get your wish, and Bersin will go on to be a star with Buffalo or New England

Archived