• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Early thoughts on the WR corps...

Jeremy Igo

Im praying for Key Garrett really shines, I had really high hopes on this guy coming out of College.  Got all the measurements I think being in our system for a year helped.

KB, Funchess, Shepard, Samuel, Johnson, Byrd will end up being the 6 we carry this year.

15 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

Im praying for Key Garrett really shines, I had really high hopes on this guy coming out of College.  Got all the measurements I think being in our system for a year helped.

KB, Funchess, Shepard, Samuel, Johnson, Byrd will end up being the 6 we carry this year.

I would love to see it, but he needed to add some strength this offseason. He has Armani leg syndrome. Needs lower body strength. 

Totally agree we only keep 5 WR's this year. Can't see any other scenario.   And in addition to McCaffrey, Joe Webb can play WR too if necessary.  Still think he makes the roster as QB3/WR6.  

KB, Funchess, Samuel, Johnson, Shepard.

I like Byrd and I think he's got a chance on the slim possibility we keep 6 WR's.  Ross & Garrett will be PS.

Bersin's future with the team will be as a coach.

27 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

That would be awesome to have that level of competition.  He showed a lot of good stuff in the youtube highlights, but he kind of disappeared once we got to training camp.

Here's to hoping!  We need players.

Benjamin, Funchess, Samuel, Johnson, and Shepard are on the team.

Byrd finally gets the boot, to many a huddlers disappointment.

Bersin finally gets the boot.

Keyaris to practice squad.

Ross, I think, is the tricky one. I think he has a future as a long-time, reliable, WR2 on an NFL squad. That said, do we feel safe trying to stash him on the practice squad, or do we feel like we need to roster him to protect him?

35 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

training him up to go to another team...

55 minutes ago, Cam El said:

Seeing Johnson listed as our 4th WR is depressing. He's been in the league for 4 years and done nothing and over half of his yardage came in 2014.

The same thing was said when we first brought in Ginn. Hopefully, a change in scenery will help him improve. That being said, I'm interested to watch him and Garrett compete for the "3rd bid guy" spot on the roster. i agree with Igo on the other 4 players.

Archived