• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what now with the safeties...

Jeremy Igo

32 minutes ago, PrimeTimeHeel said:

Hopefully, we pick up a talented youngster next draft at S 

We are fine this year assuming healthy.

Traditionally, the 32nd spot is a sweet zone for a top safety.

59 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

It's insane how Sean Bean doesn't rhyme. If I were him I would have told people "it's actually pronounced 'Shaun Bon" just to mess with them.

The english language is fugy.

To waive or to wave, that is the question.  A man is not a sax.  A sax is no one; and that is what a girl must become.  

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but what about a vet CB who converts to safety? I think players do that pretty often and isn't difficult to transition.

Darrelle Revis? Could he make the move to safety and revive his career? Would he want to come to a Panthers team that is trying to build a win now team?

Brandon Flowers...McCourty...

J. Cash was my other option.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I agree with everyone who is saying "don't be surprised if we DONT bring in another safety".  To us it seems like we should, but based on past precedents set by DG, we might roll on into the season with what we currently have.  Injuries permitting of course.

Most teams can't afford an all-pro backup safety.  So they carry guys like colin jones, who excels at special teams and can play a little safety in a pinch.  But don't sleep on Blenchen.  I love watching that guy get after it in preseason.  He hits like a fuggin train.  Could back up ss.  Don't let the skin pigment fool you.

14 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

What we know...

FS and SS are often interchangeable in the Panthers scheme. All players can play either.

Adams and Coleman are probably the best starting tandem we have seen in a long while.

Colin Jones in the game at safety is not desirable.

Sean Marlowe is well thought of but often injured and unproven.

The Panthers have a couple other young guys. Not much is known.

Brian Blechen is now listed as a safety. Last year he was a linebacker. He filled in as emergency safety last preseason and actually looked pretty good. He played SS in college.

So , overall are we in better shape or worse shape than last season?

better because of Adams, and moving Coleman back to FS ...a little worse in the depth dept but not much...

15 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Brian Blechen is now listed as a safety. Last year he was a linebacker. He filled in as emergency safety last preseason and actually looked pretty good. He played SS in college.

interesting....

Archived