• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what now with the safeties...

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

I'm a lot less optimistic since we did exactly that last year.  May bookmark this for future reference.  BUT, I hope you are right!

Yeah....up to this point Gettleman has made right all of last year's wrongs IMO. No reason to think he'll make the safety mistake again. *shrugs*

I see why we didn't draft one but I would love to know the back story on Bostons release.  I know he is not that great but would provide some depth. 

I don't, if this was the plan all along then get a guy in here to make Coleman and Adams earn there job or provide competition, can't see him being released for performance, he had a good 2015 campaign and 2016 wasn't as bad as overreacters make it, especially in what we had a corner for most part.

I hoping things change but going off of history, we've released guys without much of an backup plan hoping this won't be the case

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

What we know...

FS and SS are often interchangeable in the Panthers scheme. All players can play either.

Adams and Coleman are probably the best starting tandem we have seen in a long while.

Colin Jones in the game at safety is not desirable.

Sean Marlowe is well thought of but often injured and unproven.

The Panthers have a couple other young guys. Not much is known.

Brian Blechen is now listed as a safety. Last year he was a linebacker. He filled in as emergency safety last preseason and actually looked pretty good. He played SS in college.

So , overall are we in better shape or worse shape than last season?

Just a thought but trade Worley & Benjamin to Seattle for  Sherman & late round pick

2 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Just a thought but trade Worley & Benjamin to Seattle for  Sherman & late round pick

Not going to happen.  As far as player for player, Tartt and Vance McDonald for KB is unlikely but more realistic.

1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

I'm a lot less optimistic since we did exactly that last year.  May bookmark this for future reference.  BUT, I hope you are right!

You know your history..

We've done this a few times and ppl have done the same "there is no way we will go into the season with blank"..

OT's 4 years ago (Bell, and dude that was a DT)

Wr 3 years ago (KB, Avant, Cotchery)

Cb last year (The whole rookie line up)

1 hour ago, mjligon said:

also- it's May. 

There is a 0% chance we go into Week 1 with the safety position as it is today.  

Last year we started the season with:

Coleman, Boston, Jones, Marlowe

this year will probably be

Coleman, Adams, Jones, Marlowe

The team might think they upgraded and be content.

Also at this point most of what becomes available isn't really much better then what you already have.

Fans think "different is better" coaches probably think "different doesn't know system".

Archived