• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what now with the safeties...

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I see why we didn't draft one but I would love to know the back story on Bostons release.  I know he is not that great but would provide some depth. 

His # of starts last year triggered a clause in his contract that would require the team to pay him 1.9mil this year. He sucks and G isn't going to pay him that. He could be signed back if another team doesn't grab him.

25 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I would love to know the back story on Bostons release.

I think that HUGE escalation in his contract is a big part of the reason.  Up from something like 800K to 1.9 M due to all his playing time....  Various articles are suggesting that releasing him now was a way of ensuring he can find a new team... Makes some sense. 

BTW, I've seen various rumors floating around on Twitter, and maybe here, that Boston wasn't showing up at voluntary workouts.

Voth nixed that.  Said Boston had been there, at lease for SOME of them.

I am drifting away from my "In DG I trust" mentality.

If there was foresight here, we would have drafted Obi or some other safety in this very deep class.

DG has, over the last 2 offseasons especially, left me very puzzled and thinking he is making too many "knee jerk" moves.

This will be moot when we play well this year... but the play will be from oline health, and thus missassigned credit will be given.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

13 minutes ago, Lasus83. said:

If there was foresight here, we would have drafted Obi or some other safety in this very deep class.

DG has, over the last 2 offseasons especially, left me very puzzled and thinking he is making too many "knee jerk" moves.

This will be moot when we play well this year... but the play will be from oline health, and thus missassigned credit will be given.

Literally every safety worth drafting at the point we were picking was drafted right in front of our eyes.

15 minutes ago, Lasus83. said:

also- it's May. 

There is a 0% chance we go into Week 1 with the safety position as it is today.  

4 minutes ago, mjligon said:

also- it's May. 

There is a 0% chance we go into Week 1 with the safety position as it is today.  

I'm a lot less optimistic since we did exactly that last year.  May bookmark this for future reference.  BUT, I hope you are right!

I am a Gettleman fan. Last year at this time I wanted to trust him but was really dissapoubted in the moves. I tried to rationaliz them but didn't feel good.

On paper I find this off-season to be as good as we have ever had . Well see but if anything my faith has bern restoted based on what we can judge by at this point.

Archived