• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what now with the safeties...

Jeremy Igo

Our two starters? Way, way better. 

We went from a guy playing out of position and a guy who just got cut to: 

2 Pro Bowl caliber players with Coleman moving back to FS. 

I worry about our depth, the Calvin Pryor trade does not seem like a bad idea now. 

13 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Nothing would surprise me with this group. Looks like they had enough of Marcus Ball, not anywhere on the roster.

Once the ban on on-field bats went into effect, Ball's game was never the same.

31 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Sean Marlowe, rhymes with Bean Harlow, duh.

Dean?

They asked Bletchen to drop from 230 to 210 to play SS.  He can play, but Marlowe is the better prospect for our system.  The kid from Charlotte (Harding) who played at Catawba is on the radar--do not rule him out.

6 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

It's disappointing not grabbing a guy in a draft loaded with S, little more disappointed releasing a guy like Boston who was damn good depth. I'm holding out that there's a plan in place, cannot go into the season with jones and Marlowe as backups imo

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I see why we didn't draft one but I would love to know the back story on Bostons release.  I know he is not that great but would provide some depth. 

There is no way that this is the group that we start the season with.  While we were able to upgrade in several positions in this last draft, we also left ourselves very vulnerable to injuries at the Safety and TE position.  Image Olsen and Coleman/Adams getting injured.  Not really sure why we felt the need to get rid of Boston.  He could have been depth.  Well its time to watch the waiver wires.

14 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I see why we didn't draft one but I would love to know the back story on Bostons release.  I know he is not that great but would provide some depth. 

No backstory. Even as a backup, our coaching staff did not have ay faith in him. 

Simple and Plain as my boi Cam used to say.

57 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

So , overall are we in better shape or worse shape than last season?

Haven't seen Mike Adams play, but I trust that he's an upgrade and that it's good that Kurt can focus on FS.  So in terms of starters, Adams & Coleman > Coleman & Tre.

Colin Jones is still around.  Wash.

Behind them, last year Marlowe... (until he got injured week 2)  Wash

So improvement on starters, wash on depth. 

This year, our depth includes journeymen McCray & Southward,  Max Henson suggested team likes McCray, Marlowe & Blechen.... 

Hopefully one of these guys shows something, or Dave has another plan.  I'm not confident (yet) in assigning backup S role to Marlowe.

I'll miss him. I really liked the guy on a personal level. In the locker room, to a man, they all liked him and was funny. He is one of the best IG follows as well. I wish him nothing but luck going forward. 

Now...can we waive Amini next?

Archived