• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remember those Tre Boston trade rumors?

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, Lemory said:

Boy we just keep on getting rid of mid round draft picks. 

Have you ever seen the average career for 4th Rounders?... it's less than 5 years.

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/round-and-longevity-another-look-nfl-career-length

Boston has played 3 with the Panthers now.  If he gets picked up and plays another year, he'll have a somewhat average career for his draft position, which is exactly what he is as a player, just average.

Decent depth player... was given the opportunity to start on a silver platter and didn't take advantage.  Was telling with the Panthers had to sign (and start) Michael Griffin over him.

Seems like a nice player who works hard, just wasn't producing in this defense.  Wish him well, but totally agree with the move.

58 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Marlowe's been with the team awhile but has played very little:

Marlowe.PNG.33741cd046d69ed68a242783925dd9f6.PNG

Compare with Boston:

Boston.PNG.741df4fbc3dc530faa22cfcc78067250.PNG

If Coleman or Mike Adams were to be injured the only safeties we have on the team with starting experience are Boston & ST guy Colin Jones....

So unless we plan to replace Boston with a proven veteran (and not some old guy!) I think he has a place on the roster!

I was under the iimpression that Marlowe was injured.  Not sure though--but to your point, we need the experience.  I am a big Boston fan.  He ahd my son were sorta friends at UNC and they bumped each other at OTAs once he was drafted.  Boston is a terrific guy and I pull for him--he is depth at both S spots.  However, 53 tackles for a starting SS is not great.

Archived